Thursday, September 23, 2010

Whitmore Lake Festival

Last Saturday evening we met up with my aunt, uncle, and cousins (The Couchman Family) at the Whitmore Lake Festival. I think people watching was the best part (the Whitmore Lake folks and carnies). My aunt was practically famous there b/c she is a teacher in Whitmore Lake--people were coming up to her left and right saying hello! We bought Hunter a bracelet so he could ride all the rides he wanted. They scared me a little, but he had a blast.

He rode this train at least three times. I love his expression here--pure happiness!
This totally scared me. He rode these swings with one of Rhonda's students...he is smiling, but this was before it started. He saw it going and said he wanted to ride it...and he was tall enough, but he got a little scared.

The girl riding it with him would say "Hunter, just look at me!" when he would look nervous. He didn't cry, but I think he was relieved when it was over! He went down this slide at least 8 times, if not more. He LOVED it.
He raced these two other kids, but he took off late and lost :(
He's too young to care though and still had fun!
My brave boy!!
So much fun!! I carried his bag to the top for him b/c once I let him try to carry it up the steps and he kept tripping on it. He also raced his cousin Joe (who is my age) and Hunter won! Yay Hunter!
Here Hunter is before he starting crying hysterically. He got really upset once the patch was on and he couldn't see out of his one eye.
Surprisingly, he stopped crying and still stood next to the pirate for a picture!
He also rode these motorcycles at least twice. We got our $12 worth for the bracelet!

I didn't get any pictures of anyone else besides Hunter :( Jack spilled two beers...one on Nick and one on my uncle Joe. You can't keep anything in Jack's reach or he will pull it in your lap. He got soaked in beer right before we left and still didn't get a bath for two more days after that!


1 comment:

Britta said...

Hunter is fearless! That slide looks huge! Just seeing that pirate would have put Lena over the edge. :-)