Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cider Mill with Amber

On Sunday, Hunter and I met my friend Amber at the cider mill--Three Cedars Farm. I wanted to bring both kids and give Nick some time to himself, but Jack was teething and agreed I should not take Jack out. I felt like I was with Hunter all day and Nick was home with Jack all day. In the morning, I took Hunter to pre-school at church and went to mass alone while Hunter was in his class. Nick stayed home with Jack since he was so fussy with his teething. Then we drove back home and all went to Costco together. The formula Jack is on (Similac brand) had a recall so we had to return it to Costco and get another brand. The recall is due to beetles and other insect parts found in the formula--disgusting!! After Costco, we had naptime and then I left with Hunter. We had a lot of fun at the cider mill together :) Amber got Hunter some great birthday presents too, so thank you Amber!!

Amber, Hunter and I on the hayride

They have lots of good setups to take cute pictures!

Of course we had to get cider and donuts

Amber with her favorite 3-year old

I love this cider mill b/c they have lots of fun things for the kids to do. They have this train to play on and Hunter had a great time!

The had a new thing this year...a corn box. It was really neat.
This was new too this year. They had this "Three Little Pigs" setup. They have all three houses, the big bad wolf, and three real piglets in there. You can push a button and it read the story out loud over a speaker. I thought it was really cool...especially b/c that is Hunter's favorite book right now! Hunter thinks the big bad wolf lives in our dining room. It points to him and pretends to pet him--it is interesting to see his imagination at work, however, it's kind of weird to me that he tells me the wolf is always standing in the same spot in that room.

No comments: