Friday, September 24, 2010

Hunter's first trip to the dentist

I wasn't really sure when to take Hunter to the dentist for the first time. The pediatrician says one thing, but the dentist says another. There is a big discrepancy between what they both recommend (1 versus 4 years old), so I just picked when I thought he was ready and didn't want it to be traumatic by going too young. He was PERFECT. All of the ladies there said he was the BEST 3 year old (only 3 by two days) they'd ever seen. Hunter let her do everything, was happy about it, and didn't even want to leave! I am so happy that it was a positive experience for him. He's even asked a few times since Wednesday to go back to the dentist--haha. I told him in 6 months he can go again. They had warned me not to have high expectations. Basically they said if he'll let them count teeth and just make sure there are no cavities, that is a success, but he let them do everything...even using the spin thing to shine his teeth! He made me so proud! They give the kids special glasses to wear to block the light
He picked bubble gum flavor, which was funny to me b/c he doesn't even know what bubble gum is yet!
He got to pick a new toothbrush out--Lightening McQueen of course! He looks so nerdy here, but it's so cute!
Miss Kathy, the hygienist, also let him pick a prize out of the basket for being so good. He picked this money bubble necklace thing...it's still in the bottom of my purse. We had lots of fun moving the chair up and down while we were alone in the room for a few minutes!
Happy Friday!

No comments: