Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A sad day :(

Today was Monica's (she was aka "Gaga" for about a year--Hunter's name for her) last day watching Hunter & Jack. She started watching Hunter in June of 2008 (when he was only about 9 months old). Never did we think we'd all fall in love with her like we did. She has been so amazing to our kids. Having someone so awesome and trustworthy made it possible for me to go to work each day. If I didn't think the kids were in good hands, I would have probably wanted to be a stay at home mommy full-time. I have always trusted that she would take good care of the kids for us. Monica basically potty-trained Hunter for me (I still have the picture she texted me the first time he ever pooped in the potty--of Hunter and the poop), and has just been so wonderful taking them to do tons of fun things (museums, pool, petting farm, park, and much more). We are going to miss her so much. I don't think Hunter really gets it, but I'm sure he will eventually b/c he loves her so much. Monica asked for visitation rights so I sincerely hope she will come visit or even babysit in the future. She got a job at Bank of America in Ann Arbor, so she will still be close....yippee! I cried after she left this afternoon when I think it actually sunk in that she was done caring for our kids three days per week. I calculated that she has spent roughly 3,000 hours with our kids since she started watching them---that is a lot of time! She has played an important role and we are just so appreciative of her. I know our new nanny will be great, but building that trust with someone takes time. It's so crazy for me to think that Monica started watching Hunter when he was younger than Jack...she's been able to see him go from a baby to a big 3 year old little person! She started watching Jack when he was two weeks old (she still came three days while I was on maternity leave).



Hunter & Monica at Jump City in May 2010.


Monica & Jack at the tot splash in June 2010.

Monica, thanks again and we will miss you....but also hope to see you soon!!




udpate:: below are two pics from her last day...so cute!


No comments: