Monday, December 19, 2011

Our weekend--sleepovers, celebrating Christmas, and

Friday afternoon Aunt Emily picked up Hunter around 4pm for his sleepover. This was his first "official" sleepover! It went really well. She brought him back home around 11:30am on Saturday after soccer. I appreciate her taking him SO much--thank you Emily!!!!!!! Nick and I went out to dinner with Jack on Friday and it is truly amazing how easy it seems to just take one child out. I know we didn't feel that way when we just had Hunter, but Jack is super easy and we had a good time! After Jack went to bed I wrapped presents b/c here was my hot date for the night. Lame.




He said he ate too much, but he was asleep on the couch at about 8:15pm!



Saturday was a rough day. I was feeling light-headed and just bad all morning. Hunter was at soccer with Emily, Nick took Hunter to Costco and grocery store, and I cleaned the house and wrapped presents. I was just not feeling well and had so much to do. When Hunter got home he was being really wild...didn't nap and drove me nuts for 1 1/2 hours. I think he was wound up b/c he knew Gammy Dori and Big D were coming and he was getting presents. We celebrated Christmas with Gammy and Big D Saturday night. I have lots of pictures that I'll post soon. The kids got some fun things from them and from us. We've watched the Lion King several times---thanks Gammy Dori. I just had a physically and emotionally exhausting day.


Sunday we had breakfast with Gammy and Big D before they left. Then we went to the mall. I was going a little stir crazy having not left the house all day on Saturday. Jack and I did some last minute shopping while Nick and Hunter were in the play area. Once again, no nap for Hunter. Nick had to go to a viewing for a client, so I had fun dealing with that. Hunter will sit up in his room just making loud noises. It makes you want to go insane. Seriously, if you could witness what we go through, you would understand how horrible it is. I hate to let him out and give him his way or let him out and watch tv b/c then it's like a reward. Sunday after Jack woke up we went to Brighton to do more shopping and then went out with Gigi to Yum Yum Tree for dinner. We had a good time :-)



Yum Yum Tree has a train that goes around the top of the walls...around the whole place, so Jack was having so much fun watching it go around. At one point it goes through a tunnels and he gets mad!


Here comes the train!


He was a little fussy, but it worked out just fine. I used to go there when I was a kid and it's neat to now bring my kids there!


My sister may come this week to help me wrap presents, so that will help!


Have a great day!!

No comments: