Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas with Gammy Dori and Big D....and one other random thing

Last Saturday (December 17th) Gammy Dori and Big D came to celebrate Christmas with us. They came around 4pm on Saturday and left Sunday morning. We exchanged gifts, ate dinner, watched the Lion King, and relaxed (as much as we can with two kids). I woke up feeling really bad on Saturday, so I was not in the best of moods, but I managed. I didn't take a lot of pictures b/c both boys were being crazy and driving me crazy, but here are a few.


Gammy got Hunter the Lion King. We've watched it a lot since Saturday. I actually enjoy that movie, so it's fine with me.

I got boys boys these little nerf guns. Mostly b/c they were on sale and b/c they looked like fun. Not a good idea. I actually feel the most guilty b/c Hunter said, "Mommy, why did you buy me a gun?" Look carefully at his face...you can just see he can be a devil at times!! I have had to take them and put them up on the fridge b/c we have rules with them. Toys that are abused go on the fridge for at least a day. I don't like violent tv shows, toys, etc...this is the first. I guess boys are boys, and these are innocent enough, but I still don't really like stuff like this.

I got Jack Mr. Potato Head. That has been fun....just one of those classic toys that provides a lot of entertainment. I guess I should say "we" got Jack Mr. Potato Head, but I do all the shopping and wrapping myself. It's all news to Nick when kids and other family members open their gifts.

Big D playing with Jack :) I love that smile!!
There was a time Jack was a little scared of Big D, but you can see that he's fine now!



Hunter's having fun too!! Do you like my tile back splash? haha. I picked it out myself and I love it. I was self conscious about my decision b/c I did it all by myself (I'm feeling like a grown up now!). I have seen two designs just like it--one on Keeping up with the Kardashians and another show and it made me feel good about myself...they had the similar tile with mini-glass tiles in a box above the stove.


Gammy and Hunter on Sunday morning before they left.


They got Nick a new jacket just like Big D has. Nick has about 50 fleeces b/c he gets them for free from the investment companies, but this one is actually really nice and warm, so I think he will be wearing it :)
Jack was actually crying that Big D was leaving. Poor guy.




Gammy and Big D are going to come to my parent's house on Christmas Day for dinner, so that will be nice and we are looking forward to it.



I just can't believe Christmas is only FOUR days away!!!!!!!




Oh, and the other random thing (thus the title of the post). Last night I asked my sister to come over and help me wrap presents. I'm pretty much done--thanks Emily. Anyway, Jack was going to stay with us and Nick was taking Hunter to the mall to get a few things for me. He backed out of the garage...and SMASH...right into Emily's car. He ruined her driver side door and mirror. No damage to our car, but a decent amount to hers. He admits he was in a rush and was going to fast. It could have been worse, but it was not a pretty sight. I think I saw a tear in Nick's eye when he came in to tell us about it b/c it's not going to be cheap to fix (unless we make an insurance claim). Better Nick than me b/c I don't get mad at that stuff, but he does. Poor Nick.



No comments: