Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day Pictures

(Posted 1/10/12, but backdated to 12/27/11).


Here are pictures from Christmas Day. We went to 9am mass and then back to my parents for the day. We had a nice time, but it's always a long day! Jack and Nick took a nap together which was nice--and Jack needed it. Nick's mom and stepdad also came, but just for dinner...we were really happy to see them, but didn't get any pictures :(


This is the tree at my mom's house...gifts for my family, my parents, sister and Gigi. First, it's crazy, we know. What is so funny is that every year my mom says she "didn't go overboard", but every year she does! At one point Hunter said, "Nana, I want to be done opening presents". I think this year she discovered how convenient online shopping is and went a little nuts. Hey, I shouldn't complain b/c we are on the receiving end of things, but it is a little excessive. However, she just loves to make people happy and I must say, she is an excellent gift giver.


Favorite gifts: I got a pair of diamond earrings from my mom and dad...I LOVE them!!!!!! They also got me several other lovely gifts (new pillow, memory foam for our bed, pandora charms, and more) Nick got a new snowblower and lots of other fun things. The kids got rollerskates, scooters, ice skates, an ice rink we can set up in the yard, and tons of other cool stuff from my parents. My dining room is still full of gifts that I need to put away! I just have not had time to sort through it all. At this point, I'm just hoping to get my tree and decorations down by the end of January. (Mom, I NEED help!!!!!!)




Aunt Emily and Jack


All Hunter asked Santa for was a 500 and 1000 piece puzzle. Lucky boy. Not sure it will get opened any time soon, but I love puzzles so I'll help when the time is right :)


Aunt Emily got Hunter a fun frame for his room...she put pictures of a lot of the special people in his life. We talk about them most nights before bed and say "I love you" to all of them.


Nana and Grandpa got Jack a new vacuum. The child loves to help, clean,etc. My mom was vacuuming really quick after opening gifts and Jack was following her around "helping". So cute!
New tennis shoes from Aunt Emily. This child is so rough on his shoes....he goes through them (literally, they get holes, etc) after a couple of months.


Jack loved just diving on the piles of gifts, playing with wrapping paper, etc. No, he doesn't normally have a binkie, but the child was overly tired, so we gave in. Usually it's only at bedtime and we are trying to get motivated to take it away completely, but haven't done it yet.


Gigi...she has had a lot of health issues lately, so I'm praying she has a better 2012. She is so sweet...she invited her friend over for dinner. Miss Katherine is 92 and was such a nice lady. She graduated from U of M in the 40's (or something like that--too lazy to do the math)...amazing.
Trash man! I think I have pictures every year of him holding garbage bags.
Getting ready to ride his scooter...love all the padding. Hunter got a big boy, two-wheel scooter, and Jack got one with three wheels. Right now they follow each other around inside banging them into things. I can't wait for spring already!!


No comments: