Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My puzzle master

I don't brag too much (at least I hope I don't sound like I am), but I had to post this...Hunter LOVES puzzles and has since he's been about 15 months old. He is so good at them (he gets that from mommy, not daddy!)! One thing he really wants from Santa is a 1,000 piece puzzle. We'll have to see what happens, but I doubt Santa would disappoint him :) Anyway, we celebrated with Gammy and Big D on Saturday and we got him this 200 piece puzzle. He did it SO fast!! It's for 8 year olds and he just turned 4. I'm so proud of my little guy and you can see he's proud of himself too. One thing he said that was funny..."Well, it's a 200 piece puzzle, but since we lost one already, it's really a 199 piece puzzle that I just did". He really likes to do it all himself. He tells me I can only put the pieces in his hand. If I try to sneak one in, he freaks out and gets super mad.


Another random funny thing I want to write about, just so I can remember. This morning we were driving to school (just me and Hunter) and he was saying how he doesn't like Jack and doesn't like having a brother. We got into a discussion about it (me trying to convince him why he should like Jack and why he should like being a big brother) and he then said, "Well, I just want to bring him to someone else's house and drop him off and leave him there forever!" I don't know why he feels this way, but we have been talking about it more and more b/c he was crying and saying the same thing last night. I really want him to understand that being a big brother is an important job, they will be friends forever, etc...I think I've uncovered a source of why he gets angry sometimes, so we just have to work with this and figure things out. Either way, I thought it was so funny that he wants to drop him off at someone else's house forever.

No comments: