Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Florida Pictures...and a lot of them!

(Posted 1/12/12...backdated to 12/28/11)

We went to Florida December 27th-January 2nd...just the four of us. We stayed at my parent's condo on Marco Island. The flights went better than expected (still not fun), so that was good. We overall had a good time. Hunter's behavior was very frustrating at times, but we managed. A typical day began with breakfast at the condo, going to the beach around 8:30am for several hours, going up for lunch, Jack taking a nap, Hunter going to the pool, all of us at pool or beach before dinner, going out for dinner, and then hanging out at the condo before bedtime. I took several naps with Jack in the afternoon, which felt so good! Nick did the same a few days while I would take Hunter to the pool. Thanks mom and dad!!!!!!!!!!

The view from my parent's condo. They have a beautiful corner unit on the 21st floor...we can see the sunrise over the island and the sunset on the beach. I love it!!
Another sunrise... View from the balcony... Jack's first visit to the ocean. We've been to FL with him (March 2011), but it was for Disneyworld. Although, he did visit the beach on Marco Island when he was about 6 weeks old in my belly b/c I found out I was pregnant with him on Marco Island in early 2009. I doubt he remembers.




Making "mud soup" together for mommy and daddy First time checking out the ocean :)

Jack and I headed to the beach....probably at like 8:15am

Nick and I had fun helping them do fun things in the sand...my two silly boys

Making a snowman...people probably thought Nick was weird. The finished productDaddy and his boys...I love my handsome guys!


One thing that was so funny was the kids loving to chase the birds and seagulls. They would run screaming after them constantly. It was so funny to watch!!


Taking a break for a "toot bar" as we called them. Fiber One bars...if you've never had one, you would not belie the gas they give you. If you want to torture someone, buy some.


Taking a little break from the sand
The first two days were a little chilly, so we found a park...you can see we are in jeans and sweatshirts :( Thank goodness it was nice for the majority of the trip! Love this smile on Jack's face!

So stinkin' cute
They had lots of fun things to do at this park...and it was packed the first day we went there b/c I think every tourist with young kids was there! No beach and no pool, so gotta find a playground....and only one on the island.

Nick was doing impressions from Napoleon Dynamite...I have a funny video to post eventually.

Fire pole...or whatever you call it!
What a good sport :)


Lots more pictures to come...I can't wait to catch up on blogging!



No comments: