Monday, December 12, 2011

Family pictures

We went to Gallup Park back at the end of October for family pictures and I can't believe I forgot to post these. I probably didn't get them till mid-November or so, but still...I'm always so happy when I get to see the finished product! We went with Nick's mom and stepdad. I am always so pleased with how they turn out. We love Dayna (the photographer and she does my hair--and cuts the kid's hair). Jack just isn't very photogenic. I think he's super cute, but these pictures just don't do him justice--haha.




I really like this one, except Jack fell between us...it's kind of funny though.


They look sweet and innocent--but they are NOT. I should not be writing this post today b/c I had a rough morning with the kids. Hunter was being IMPOSSIBLE this morning!
My cute husband and Jack :) It was pretty cold out and I had to put their coats on b/c Jack was shivering.


This is one of my favorites...Once again, Jack looks kind of goofy, but oh well. It's like he's scowling or something.


I LOVE this picture of Hunter--it's a genuine smile/laugh!

All of us together--I really like this one too! I love the black and white photos. I'm going to make one of these into a canvas for the wall in our bedroom where I have lots of other pictures hanging. Isn't my husband hot?? hehehe. I wonder how long it will take him to see this!?!? I think he knows it, so I probably shouldn't say anything and give him a big head. Although his love language is the one where he likes to be complimented and appreciated, so it's ok I guess b/c I want him to know I love him. I have been so stressed lately that he might be wondering. I love Jack here--he's making a "mad face".

I am repeating myself, but I LOVE this picture of the boys with Gammy Dori. She lost a lot of weight, cut her hair, and I think she looks so good!!

My sweetie pie!
This is so sweet too. Hunter loves his Gammy :)
I am not sure how I feel about the yellow trees, but oh well. You can see Nick and I are standing funny in some pictures. I didn't have dark dress socks for the boys, so they are wearing white socks. I told Nick we had to try to cover their ankles in the pictures so the white socks didn't show...haha. And then I still didn't get any and had the same issue at the Christmas brunch we went to recently. I better get some before we go to church on Christmas Day. I'll add it to my two page long to-do list.
Jack was all done by this point...he wanted no more pictures taken and was off playing with leaves and crying.








Click HERE to check out the photographer's website. Thanks Dayna, you are awesome.


I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was pretty good. Friday evening Nick and Hunter went to see Muppets while Jack and I went Christmas shopping. Saturday morning Jack and I did more Christmas shopping (this past weekend was my first weekend of shopping, so I'm freaking out) while Hunter and Nick went to soccer. After naps, more running around for the holidays--the kids were in a cranky mood. Hunter didn't nap at all and Jack took a short nap b/c he wasn't feeling good. We thought if we took them in the car they might nap, so we went out and got gift certificates at about six different places (Nick drove and dropped me off at each place so I could run in)...they did not fall asleep :( Saturday night we had Monica (our previous nanny) over to babysit...Nick and I did MORE shopping and went on a dinner date afterwards. It was fun to go on a date and we don't do it enough! Sunday we went to church. I dropped Hunter off at my Aunt Rhonda's ALL day. Connie and Rhonda did lots of fun stuff with him and brought him back home around 6pm. Am I a bad mom for being over the moon happy to have him with them all day so I could get stuff done??? I feel guilty for how excited I was. Nick, Jack, and I went on a more leisurely (thus costly) trip to Costco. Got lots of food for us and presents for people. I got something super cool for Hunter there and I'm really excited to give it to him! It's amazing how it seems so easy to just have one kid with us now that we have two kids. However, when we just had Hunter I did not ever think it was easy to take him out. Overall, I went on five separate shopping trips from Friday to Sunday. Crazy huh? I also went last Thursday which was my first official start to the holiday shopping. Lastly, I can't even believe we are leaving for Florida on 12/27. I haven't thought about it one bit (well, just stressing that I haven't done anything to get ready, except line up a dog/house sitter)! What were we thinking!?!?


Have a great day!



No comments: