Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hunter's tantrum caught on video

Before I had kids, I'd always heard of the "terrible two's". Now that I have kids, other moms tell me "three is worse than two". I would have to agree--strongly. Hunter has been challenging us a lot lately and testing my patience. I am counting the months till he turns four and gets out of this phase--hopefully. He has redeeming moments and can be so sweet and funny at times, but he is also talking back, saying mean things, doing mean things, etc a lot lately. Our nanny, his teachers, and his Sunday school teachers all say he is just fine and listens, so that is good, but he is not that way with us. I certainly never imagined in a million years we'd have a kid that we had a hard time controlling b/c I consider myself to be strict. Nick has good manners, and even though he was not brought up in a household as strict as mine, I think he agrees with my way of doing things. We both discipline him, but it doesn't seem to be effective. This video is an example of a recent tantrum...

Click HERE
I was having a hard time not laughing when he said he was crying b/c he wanted a green Starburst when it started out b/c he was only getting half of one.

2 comments:

Britta said...

That could have been a video of my house! Ha! I hope things get better! I'm no help because I think we're in the same boat. I love how Jack just crawls over to him like, "Dude, what's up?" Then he decides to go do something else. :-)

Bubby's Mommy said...

That was mild. seriously; I have the exact same arguments w/ Leo. kids can be so unreasonable about things like colors and what not and so bent our of shape about there not being what they think there should be if that makes sense. I am certain you will see a difference at 31/2