Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmat Day--Part 2

Christmas morning we got up early, opened a few things, and headed to 9am mass with my parents, Gigi, Jim, and Emily in Brighton. After church back to my parents house for the day...we hung out, opened gifts, ate lots of food, and came home for bed. It was a long day and lots of fun. The kids are way too spoiled!


Hunter opened his stocking from Santa...he got lots of fun toys!

Nick got a beer brewing kit--I didn't want to tote it back and forth to my parents, so he got to open it before we left.

I love that smile! Eating fruit at Nana and Grandpa's for breakfast.

Nick and I still had to open his gifts this year, but hopefully he can do more himself next year.
Nana with her grandboys...they got him a Black and Decker Junior took kit with workbench. It has drills, flashlights, level, and more...it has been lots of fun! He got so many other cool things too. We got a fun bike that hooks to the tv to play video games, books, puzzles, clothes, and tons more.

Santa brought Hunter this music thing...thank goodness it has headphones. Nick has had more fun with it than Hunter so far. It's pretty cool and you can make songs.
Both kids had fun climbing on presents and ripping things open.
Lots of toys!!
My mom said she cut her budget from last year and it was still TONS of presents! I don't think she can help herself by going totally overboard for the kids (and Nick and me), although, I'm not going to complain. I got a new vacuum, two pairs of boots, perfume, a northface jacket, and lots more.
Santa also brought Hunter some capes and costumes for dress up which has been fun.
Nick got a new tv for our bedroom from my parents. It was so funny b/c my mom pulled it out and put it about 5 feet away from Nick and obviously the box is huge. He didn't even notice it until we were all just laughing at him and told him to look around. It STILL took him a few minutes to see it. I thought the tv in our room was totally fine, but apparently it wasn't big enough for him. This was the only thing he wanted and I think he thought I was getting it for him, but they wanted to do this for him which was super nice. They also got him an ice cream maker and a few other things. My parents treat him better than me sometimes (haha) and I know he feels like their son which makes me so happy that they are so kind to him!

Hunter and Gigi working on some of his new puzzles
We wore my dad out! He is the "trash man" on Christmas, but Hunter was a lot of help this year. He said he wants to be a garbage man when he grows up, so I figure we can stop saving for his college now.


Funny story about church...at the end of mass Hunter made a friend and they were back outside of the actual pew area running around. They were being quiet so the other dad and I were letting them burn off some energy. Hunter was chasing this boy and the boy took a turn headed full speed down the center aisle towards the alter. The other boy made it totally to the front and I caught Hunter about half way down the aisle. We both got a major laugh and applause from everyone in the church, and the priest made a funny comment about it too. It was so embarrassing, but funny at the same time. Those boys were fast and I was just so glad it wasn't Hunter who made it all the way to the front! We certainly made the last minute of mass entertaining for everyone. I'm sure my face was bright red.

No comments: