Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lots of random stuff--catching up...

Here is my "catch up" post which I seem to do every so often. I'd like to do an update on the kids soon too, but I just can't seem to find the time--I didn't get home until 11pm from a meeting last night. It was fun, but I was exhausted this morning! We also did some fun stuff last weekend, but haven't even loaded those pictures on my computer yet--it's my plan for tonight after the kids are sleeping (and after I do a million other things!)

We've been spending a lot of time playing outside with this wonderful weather. Hunter likes to pull Jack behind his tractor---at least 30 minutes of entertainment. I'll take what I can get! Lots of fun :)


Jack loves it!
Running up the driveway pulling Jack. Hunter is pretty good about listening when I tell him to stop at the end of the driveway and come back. I already set a reminder so he can do Safety Town next summer. He is not so great in terms of listening when riding his bike, so we are still working on that.

This little stinker has discovered he can climb up on the coffee table. He is more of a monkey than Hunter was at this age...I hope he will last in his crib for a while longer--at least another year. Hunter was almost three when he stared climbing out, so we had to make the change to the toddler bed :-( I love having them confined, so I will milk it with Jack as long as I can.

Watching some Sesame Street on the table while I was vacuuming around him (while taking his picture with my phone). Jack loves to "hide" under his gorilla...he pops out like "Surprise!! I know you didn't know I was there!" Hunter has a swim lesson yesterday and Thursday and then he's done...so sad. He's done amazingly well with Miss Amanda. Julie texted me pictures and a video yesterday saying his was totally swimming on his own. I'm so happy and proud of him!!! Nana and Gigi are coming to his last lesson tomorrow to watch...and we got Miss Amanda a little gift to show our appreciation for all she has done. I hope she comes back next summer b/c we'll for sure do more lessons with her and maybe even Jack!




This past Saturday they had a pizza picnic at Hunter's school. He got to see his teacher again (Miss Claire), meet a new assistant teacher (Miss Kathy), see Mr. Joshua (returning assistant teacher) just get a feel for things since he goes back the day after Labor Day! I can't believe it--I'm excited and sad at the same time...totally mixed emotions. I am happy that Jack will get some one on one time with me and with Julie. I hope we can work with him on learning more too (puzzles, colors, etc). Hunter is just so demanding that Jack tags along a lot. I know this is totally normal with a second child, but I am happy for him to get some attention all on his own.
I picked up Hunter some new tennis shoes the other day and he loves them...he wore them out riding his bike the other night and can put them on and off all by himself.



We have a new frog friend who hangs out on the deck. We've seen him many times. It's funny b/c Nick is a baby and won't pick him up. Meanwhile, I pick him up for the kids to touch him. Hunter and Jack laugh hysterically when they touch his back and he hops...it's so cute. Then Nick huddles in a chair and we were cracking up when the little guy hopped on Nick's shoe!

Daddy was in Arkansas Thurs/Fri last week so we made some signs for him for when came home :) We were eagerly waiting for him to come home on Friday evening!
We did miss him...or a least his help. haha. Of course I love him and missed him, but was annoyed that he didn't answer my calls or texts all evening. He stays the night at his client's house (a couple in their 60's), so I guess they were busy talking, but still....ahhhh...not sure he'll ever change.
We made this too b/c Nana and Gigi came Saturday morning to take Jack to watch Hunter's practice. Nick and I planned to veg out and watch a movie in bed while we had both kids gone (which NEVER happens), but instead I cleaned both kids clothes/closets and Nick cleaned he deck. Oh well, I felt better about getting some things accomplished. I laid on the floor in the living room watching Teen Mom for literally five minutes before they returned home. haha.


Have a great day!!! No meetings tonight, so I'm hoping to get in bed by 10pm tonight!!

No comments: