Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pool Party at the club...

I am a little behind on blogging, but we went to a pool party at Barton a few weeks ago--and invited my parents to thank them for watching the kids while we were in Baltimore. The kids went swimming, but by the time my parents got there we were eating dinner...They had the pool open, a band, yummy food, etc. There were a few families who camped out (that was part of the event), but with our kids being so young, we're not ready for that yet. I spoke with another mom and she was going home and the dad was staying with the two kids in the tent. That would be my perfect idea of a good time! Come hang out for a bit, go home alone, and let Nick have a boys night camping with the kids--haha. I'll go home and sleep in my comfy bed and watch tv. The ONLY good thing about me having all these back problems is that I'm probably exempt from camping for life b/c I can't sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag!


This child ate way too many cheetos (sp?)...he's lucky to have grandma there spoiling him. Gotta love the orange face--and the fingers were a sight. My goodness, I love this child and his smile!


He's looking at me like, "Hey lady, what's wrong with putting five cheetos in my mouth at once?!?" The menu was great for adults, but they also had some good kid-friendly options too.


Getting a ride from Nana--I can't handle that with my back either :(


They have a play structure right next to the pool which is great. The kids can go back and forth and have a lot of fun on it.

Jack trying out the monkey bars with some assistance from Nana
Nick and my dad like to play ping pong together. My dad is really good, but Nick happened to beat him this night. (Maybe playing with a beer in one hand was not helping his cause?) Then the kids wanted to play so my dad was giving Hunter a lesson.
Of course Jack wanted in on the action too, so that put an end to their serious game...
Nick scored on daddy and was thrilled!


We had a good time, but kept Jack up past bedtime. He is ready for bed at 8pm. We didn't get home until 8:45pm and he had a major meltdown while we tried to get ready for bed. Oh well, it was fun and there are not many days left of summer to enjoy while it stays light out late.


ps. Speaking of my back problems--I hate to be a complainer, so I try not to, but I'm sort of starting over with all new tests. I have tried so many different medications, etc in the last year and nothing is working :( I am going on Thursday (hopefully) to do bloodwork, x-rays, and schedule an MRI. I am so annoyed, but nothing is working--I get a massage once per week, see a chiropractor, and more. I haven't had an MRI in almost a year right before I was supposed to have that second surgery. With that being put off, I felt a little better, but things really stink again. Ever since we slept in hotel beds near the end of July, things have gone downhill...no fun! We'll see what happens and please pray I don't end up having to have surgery. I don't see that happening, but you never know.


Jennifer

No comments: