Friday, August 19, 2011

Hanging out with Gigi

I had to go get my oil changed, so we picked up Gigi, dropped my car off, and walked to the Mill Pond in Brighton. We wanted to go to the Imagination Station playground, but it was temporarily closed. Very disappointing! We fed the ducks/geese, which was really fun. I brought all this old bread, but I was too consumed with making sure the kids didn't fall in or get bit by a goose, so I didn't take any pictures. Hunter kept saying he wanted to swim and Jack was walking around right on the edge of the pond, so no way I could take pictures. Besides, it started out with a few ducks, and then came lots more ducks, baby ducks, and then lots of geese---they practically swarmed us! The geese climbed out of the pond and were two feet away trying to grab our bread. Yikes. I have to try not to be afraid so the kids don't get scared, but honestly, geese freak me out. They hiss and get way too close.


Jack was running back and forth to Gigi at the park


You can see the orange fencing behind Hunter showing it's closed. It was sad to see all these moms pull up with their kids, get out of carseats, only to discover it was closed. They had this thing that Hunter was drawing on with chalk that entertained the kids for a few minutes.


Jack and Gigi playing...I love his smile.


Jack fell in the mud...lovely. Hopefully it will come out when I get around to washing them.

I know Gigi loves her ice cream, so we took a walk on the wild side and went to Yum Yum Tree for ice cream at 10am :) I know, I'm seriously getting adventurous these days. haha. The boys LOVED watching the train that goes around the upper edge of the restaurant too. Our waitress honked the horn a few times which was nice...Hunter would say, "Do that again PLEASE!". We used to go here when I was a kid and it's still the same.

Chocolate ice cream for a late morning snack!

Jack with his Superman ice cream. His shirt is SO CUTE. I got it in Baltimore...it says "Sometimes crabby, but always cute". I love it. Hunter got a different one with a crab on it too, but wore it earlier in the week.


Last night we went to Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Joe's house for dinner. The kids had fun playing in the lake and hanging out. We also got to see my Great-Aunt Connie one more time before she goes back to CA.

We have a busy weekend ahead! Have a great one :)


No comments: