Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cousin Tyler's 1st birthday party

This past Sunday (August 7th), Baby Tyler turned 1, so his family had a birthday party for him. It was at Tyler's grandma's (my aunt Rhonda/uncle Joe's) house on the lake. We had fun...Hunter caught his first fish, went tubing, had yummy food, and Tyler got lots of new toys to play with! I didn't take a ton of pictures b/c I was pretty busy with the kids, but here are a few.

Tyler with his mommy--she is having another baby this winter and will have her hands full! I hope they have a girl so I can buy her lots of clothes :)


Opening gifts. We got him a Big Brother shirt, two fun puzzles, a sit-and-spin, and framed some pictures from the previous weekend of Tyler tubing with his mommy and daddy. I had a lot of fun shopping for him! I think I need to get Jack a sit-and-spin for his birthday...the kids played on one at the neighbor's house a while back and both kids had a fun time--I love the old traditional toys (that don't make noise). I'm sure I had one when I was a kid a long long time ago-haha.


My dad watching Tyler open gifts...I wonder if he's having fun? I love my dad. He's the easy going one in the family. I just wish I got to see him a little more :-( He loves his big boat and working.

Connie and I took three kids tubing...Hunter and two of her cousins from the Couchman side of the family. We had a good time. I think I'm starting to get more paranoid in my old age. We went behind a speed boat this time and were going pretty fast. I was afraid of falling off--not only afraid that I could hurt my back, but falling in seaweed or having Hunter fall off and be scared/traumatized. Gosh, I need to relax. We didn't fall off and went around the lake at least three times--and the kids would have kept going if we'd let them! I have to say that I was on the "hard side"...when you go around the lake there are three major turns and I was on the outside for all of them. When we were kids we used to fight about who would have to be on the "hard side" when we'd go double tubing b/c you had a much better chance at wiping out.
Jack was on the boat with my parents and Nick. Once again, he got so excited watching us out on the tube....so cute!

No comments: