Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Six Quick Takes

1) Nick and I went to visit Jacquelyn, Matt, and Alana...she was two weeks old the evening we stopped over. She is so sweet and they all seem to be doing well. I wish they lived a little closer so I could see them more!

Me, Jacquelyn, and Alana. Jacquelyn looks amazing for just having had a baby! I think Nick looks great holding a baby girl!! Don't you think?? haha.




2) Nick loves to pick berries for some strange reason. We went to this place to pick raspberries and blackberries a few days ago. It was really fun and we got some yummy berries! I think the kids ate as many as we picked.


This is a car we saw when driving back to the area to pick berries (it's at a farm type place)...We all thought it looked like Mater from Cars so I had to stop and take a pictures.


We made waffles for breakfast and put berries on them--I don't really ever buy blackberries, but these were really good! I love raspberries too, but they can be expensive.

3) Our soccer star!

4) Gigi has been in the hospital twice in the last month and it's been scaring us! I don't know why some of these pictures are small, but if I enlarge them, they get super blurry. Anyway, I went to see her one day by myself and then Jack and I went last week while Hunter was at VBS. Jack was laying in bed with Gigi for a little bit...she had food so he was willing to sit still :)





5) I just love it when this child does not take a nap, goofs around in his room for two hours for quiet time, and then falls asleep as soon as quiet time is over and we're in the car going somewhere--so annoying! 6) Is it weird that my husband eats the bottom of the cheez-it bag crumbs with a spoon? I think it is. On a similar note, he is not allowed to chew gum in my presence. It is beyond me, but the man can not chew gum properly. He chomps it and has extremely bad manners when it comes to chewing gum. I try to hide it from him, but if he finds it, he tries to sneak it and I know within one minute that he is chewing it. I give him three strikes and then it has to go. That three strikes happens in less than three minutes EVERY time. Gosh, I feel like a mother talking to her child. I also feel like a mean wife, but it's like hearing nails on a chalkboard listening to him chew gum...and once it starts I can't think about anything else.

Have a great day. This week is going by SO slow. I think it should be Friday already and it's only Wednesday!

No comments: