Monday, June 7, 2010

Random thoughts...


We have been working on Hunter and trying to get him to pull his pants down and back up after going potty. This is what happens when he does it himself. The blue is his underwear sticking out all over. He's a mess.

We had family pictures on Saturday morning at the park. This is what Jack wore. I can't wait to see how they turned out!

This is what I saw the other day when I woke up and looked at the monitor. It kind of creeped me out to see him just staring at me like this. He was wide awake just lying there...I hope I have another child who will just hang out in bed happily until I come get them. He has a binkie in his mouth in case you are wondering why he looks funny!

I went to dinner with my good friend Amber Sunday night. She just loves kids! Jack was kind of fussy, but I did the best I could to keep him happy.

Saturday night Connie babysat so Nick and I could go on a date. I was laughing when she showed up wearing the same shirt as Hunter. He calls it the "beer" shirt and it's actually the first time he's worn it b/c it's still a little big.
A few random things related to our date. First, I can't believe we spent $125 going on a date. Movie/Popcorn/Pop ($32), Dinner ($53), Babysitter ($40). It's crazy, but for our sanity and relationship, it's much needed and worth it. I'm sure if I didn't have two glasses of wine and Nick's two beers the bill at dinner would have been half. But still. Second, Nick stinks at picking movies. We saw Robinhood and I fell asleep and he thought it bad too. I got a headache b/c we were sitting in the second row b/c it was packed so I had to shut my eyes to feel better--and since it was bad the time was better spent napping. Also, we have Netflix. Here is a short list of good movies that I've picked lately: Crazy Heart, Blindside, The Proposal, and My Sister's Keeper. Nick turned up his nose at all of them and liked ALL of them. I am sure if you ask him he will not admit this, but he even liked My Sister's Keeper a lot. He picks movies like Angels & Demons and other bad ones that I can't remember b/c we turn them off. He attempted to be nice and get P.S. I Love You for me recently, but again, it stunk. I told him he has lost his movie-picking privileges forever...along with picking hotels when we go on vacation, but that's another post for another time.
I hope you have a good week. Mine is not getting off to a good start. My trunk is broken and will not open (electrical problem I think), Jack is constipated and the doctor wants me to bring him in, and we may have a plumbing problem in the house. And it's only Monday morning!
Although the Bachelorette is on tonight and that makes my day---Nick is (reluctantly) watching it with me this season which makes it so much better...he liked Ali from last season, so I think that helps. He is the BEST husband.

No comments: