Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jack 7 month update


Jack is 7 months old today. Here is what is going on with him...
  • He's sleeping better all the time...He falls asleep on his own for naps and bedtime in his crib. He has been sleeping through the night 4-5 out of 7 nights. He sometimes wakes up and gets mad when he can't find his binkies, so we have to go in and give it to him and he'll fall right back asleep. He wakes up happy and will hang out in his crib for a bit...I am SO lucky! He also rolls over and sleeps on his belly now. I think that has helped him to sleep better too. His nap schedule is somewhat inconsistent, but he does nap for several hours in his crib in the afternoon. On top of that, it's hit and miss depending on what we are doing.
  • Jack is eating baby food now too. We've tried a lot of fruits, but he's constipated at the moment, so per doctor's orders, he's on prunes for a few days. Fortunately, he loves them!
  • He is sitting up a little bit. He topples over after a bit though.
  • He is still pretty chubby. I've never seem a baby with so much cellulite on his legs and butt. He weighs over 20 lbs already. He's long too...we have a big boy on our hands.
  • Jack is super happy (besides the constipation thing). He smiles all the time and makes a lot of noise. He yells, babbles, and is just plain noisy. He rolls over a lot. If you put him on the floor he rolls and rolls and rolls until he gets stuck up against something! God must know Nick and I lack patience so he's given us wonderful happy babies. Hunter at 2 1/2 is another story and God is challenging us at the moment.
  • I just LOVE him so much! I enjoy having a baby so much more this time around. We were so nervous with Hunter b/c we were clueless and this time around it's just so enjoyable. I just love to see him when I come home, play with him and nuzzle with him. I spoil him so much by holding him all the time! Pretty soon he won't let me so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. He makes me want to have another baby!! haha. Guess you'll have to wait and see what happens with that decision :)
  • Jack gets around...we've recently gone to the zoo, taken him in the pool, petting farm, parks, and much much more. Half the time he sleeps through everything, but he did go in the pool and seemed to enjoy splashing around.
  • Time is FLYING. I can't believe I'll have to start thinking about his 1st birthday party soon!! ha. It seemed like just yesterday when we brought him home...the past 7 months have flown by. Next month when I write this post he may have teeth and might be crawling!

No comments: