Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Pics--Part 1 of 2

Well, our Father's Day was busy and didn't turn out quite like we'd planned. We were out the door at 8am to head to Brighton to go to breakfast with my family. We went to my parent's house to exchange gifts and for breakfast. We headed to church and home for lunch and nap. We left at 3pm to head to Lake Lansing to see Nick's dad. There was a bad accident on I-96 in Howell and they shut the freeway down. Needless to say after over 2 hours in the car, we called his dad and said we were not coming. We would have gotten there at 6pm only to turn around and leave an hour later to take the kids to bed. We ended up calling my parents and they were out at the lake just getting ready to head to Zukey's with Gigi and Jim. They waited for us so we went out there to go on the boat to dinner with them. We had a good time, but were not watching the time--by the time we got back it was almost 9pm. For some reason Nick and I both thought it was only 8pm...oh well...I was wondering why Jack was crabby and now I know! Gigi was happy to see the kids as always, but I felt like they were going to have a peaceful dinner and boat ride and we blew in like a tornado with our kids :)
Nick with his two boys on Father's Day

I just threw this picture in that I took yesterday b/c he's so cute sporting his mohawk.

Nick needs a picture with both boys for his client newsletter at work, so we took several yesterday
Nick got a digital photobook with pictures of him and the boys for Father's Day
I also had this picture framed. I thought maybe I'd use a different picture, but Nick really likes it, so I guess we'll keep this one and hang it in our room. They are trying to splash me in this picture and that's why Hunter is so happy! He also got some new white tee-shirts.

We felt badly about not getting up to see Nick's dad for Father's Day, but plan to go up there this weekend to visit.

More pictures from the lake to come!

1 comment:

Bubby's Mommy said...

that's such a great picture of Nick and Hunter. I love it.