Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hunter's visit to the dentist

Some of our close friends moved back to Michigan last summer. Jacque is a dentist and I am so happy that we can switch to her practice. I am a skeptic of dentists b/c of some past experiences I've had. For example, when I was prego with Hunter, this guy in South Lyon said I needed like five cavities and then when I went somewhere else, they said I didn't need any. Had I believed this guy, I would have five unnecessary cavities and would have been out like $1,200 (we don't have dental insurance). Then my last dentist told me I needed a cavity. After spending $350 on that, on the way out, they said really I needed a crown on that tooth for $950. Why didn't they stop when they discovered I really needed a crown? And I could have just paid the $950? I don't get it. It has just been one thing after another. I know they need to make a living, but I just feel like things get done when they shouldn't b/c the patients don't know any better. I know I can trust my friend, so this makes me happy! Anyway, Hunter had an appt for a cleaning on Monday, so we went there. He was so good!


The hygienist cleaned his teeth...he couldn't wait to see Dr. Jacque!
He got to wear the cool sunglasses to block the bright light :)

They said he was so sweet and well behaved (yay, for once). I love moments like that when he makes me proud...they are few and far between these days, so I'll take what I can get. He just acted like such a big boy! Thanks Jacque!!!




No comments: