Friday, July 29, 2011

St Joseph Church Festival

Saturday, July 16th, was our church festival. I went at 2pm to work at the kid's tent. I had fun helping kids make this sand art. I got done around 4pm and Nick brought the kids up there to hang out once my shift was over. It was SO HOT...at least 90 degrees under the tent, so I felt gross! We had fun hanging out with the Fatt family--they just moved back from Baltimore, so this was the first time we got to see them :)


Hunter wanted to be in the "caboose".


Jack and I rode the train together

Hunter, Jack, Me, Jacque, and Michael.

They had a hay maze that the kids really enjoyed.

Trying to get Michael and Jack to pose for a picture.

They had a band playing under the big tent. Baby Michael LOVED it. He and Hunter were the only two out on the dance floor together.
Climbing this huge wall in the inflatable obstacle course.



They had a HUGE python snake. It was cool, but he kept lifting his head out and staring at us, so it kind of freaked me out.


On another note, each parish family is asked to sell raffle tickets. Normally I buy $50 worth, and my mom and Gigi buy $25 each. They have some great prizes--$5,000 cash, car leases, etc. That would be ideal, but they also had prizes for families who sold their tickets quickly. I actually WON that prize. I got a $25 gift card to Metzgers and $25 to Knights. I was excited! I've had a good year with being lucky. I think I might start buying some lottery tickets. Seriously. I won $750 at a 50/50 raffle at a fundraiser a few months ago, a raffle at ABWA Meeting, a large beach bag basket raffle at an event two months ago, and now this. Pretty cool!!




No comments: