Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sleep and more sleep

I am seriously wondering if Hunter is starting to sleepwalk. On Sunday afternoon everyone was sleeping, besides me, as usual. I was lying on the floor in the family room doing stretches and waiting for the kids to wake up. All of the sudden I heard Hunter in his room taking off his diaper. Then he came out, walked down to me and said "why are you on my frog chair?" so I moved over and let him lay down. He had this really strange look on his face and wasn't really talking, so I just sat next to him watching him to see what he was going to do. He was just staring off into space with his eyes half shut. All of the sudden he fell back asleep like this (see below)! I have no clue why he would have taken off his diaper--he's NEVER done that before. Then, that same night, he came into our room around 1am and said, "I need a drink of water". Usually he will get the cup by my sink, use the bathtub water since he can't reach our sink, get a drink, leave the cup by the tub, and go back to bed...I was awake listening to him and just heard him wandering around the bathroom in the dark. I finally got up and said to get back to bed. The next morning, I realized he never got a drink...I think he was totally out of it. Weird huh?I love him sprawled over the chair with hands down pants...too funny.

He is a cute innocent child when he's asleep

He woke up for a minute and moved around...He was impossible to wake up later too. Jack came down yelling at him, Chopper running around, us trying to discreetly wake him so we could go to the lake, nothing...I eventually had to rub his back and get him moving.

Nick loves to nap on the weekends when the kids nap...reading his paper and watching the Tiger's. I sure wish he would do some chores every once in a while with me!



No comments: