Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th Weekend Pictures Part 1

I called this our "staycation" weekend b/c we didn't go up north and just did fun things around our house.


Saturday B.N. (before naptime)--We got up and went to Meijer before heading to Rolling Hills water park.



I love that riding Sandy the horse is still only a penny!


Jack rode today too and Hunter rode Sandy's head.

We got some fun things...goggles for Hunter and a tube for Jack at the pool. Testing out his goggles on the way to the water park.
We got sparklers and those pop-its thingys...we brought them to the lake Sunday and Monday. Hunter had a good time with both!
I also picked up some water balloons. Since I have nothing better to do (insert sarcasm) when the kids are napping, I filled up about 30 of them for the lake on Monday. We had fun throwing them at each other and Hunter laughed hysterically when he smashed one over grandpa's head.


Nick bought this...it didn't work well at all. Thank goodness I had nothing to do with it b/c God only knows the heck I would have caught for spending $14.99 on this junk. I did not say a word except, "Lets think about how you would have reacted if I would have bought this!" Enough said.
Checking it out, but no interest. Hunter and Daddy went down a few times. Hunter doesn't quite get that you have to run FAST and dive to get going down the slide. My cutie pie hanging out watching Hunter on the slip and slide.
Saturday A.N. (after naptime)--Nick and Hunter went to see Cars 2. My original plan was to get a sitter for Jack, so Nick and I could take Hunter, but I never got organized enough to arrange something. I stayed home with this fussy guy and then met Gigi for dinner in Brighton. He woke up from his nap CRYING and CRYING. There was nothing I could do. I finally said, "lets go watch Elmo in the car" and that made him happy...so we headed to pick Gigi up. I almost cancelled on her, but he was fine after we were in the car. We went to Red Robin and had fun!! Gigi always love to see Jack, so I am always happy to make her happy :)


Trying to calm Jack down before we left. I even resorted to Mickey Mouse and a Jelly Belly...I was desperate!!









Friday night at Buhr Park. We went to Little Caesars for a $5 pizza and took it to the pool. The line for pizza was out the door. I think that was the first time I've had their pizza and probably my last b/c it did not agree with my stomach. We had fun at the pool Friday night. Why is it that all kids love to sit on the water to practically give themselves an enema? Jack discovered this and it kept him entertained for a half hour.

I'm bummed that I didn't take pictures at Rolling Hills b/c we had a lot of fun. Jack and I had a great time on the lazy river. Both kids went down water slides and checkd out the wave pool. It's just too hard to take pictures and chase after these two wild boys.


More pictures from Sunday and Monday coming soon :)




No comments: