Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Addition!!

No, I am not pregnant, but I've had a really exciting week! My friend had her baby on Tuesday at 12:55pm. I got to the hospital around 4:15am and she ended up having to have an urgent c-section b/c at the last minute they discovered the baby was breech (long story). It's not my place to tell the story, but I was so happy and honored to be there with them during this experience. It was a miracle to witness this little girl's birth! They named her Alana Marie. I absolutely LOVE the name. They called me yesterday to tell me the middle name was after me--Marie is my given middle name. I am so touched and just appreciate it so much. I won't lie, I feel pretty darn special right now--haha!! They took about 24 hours to choose the name...they had a few in the running, but couldn't decide :) I can't wait to love and spoil this little girl. I will probably live vicariously through them b/c I want a girl so badly and don't know if that will ever happen. They will be great parents and I am just so excited to see this little girl grow. I just want to thank Matt & Jacquelyn so much for allowing me to be a part of their special day. It means the world to me and I'm just so blessed to have a friend like Jacquelyn (and Matt!) I am beyond excited to raise our kids together and make tons of special memories in the future with our growing families!




Before baby arrived...I had a dream last Sunday night that it was a girl by the way!



Holding Baby Alana a few hours after she made her entrance into the world! She is perfect!!! I love her dark hair. She was making adorable faces, looking around, and just amazing. She was about the same size as Hunter at birth and it's so hard to remember that Hunter was that tiny. Please excuse my shiny face and tired eyes...I was up at 3am, no shower, and very tired.


I feel like I'm "Aunt Jenny" to her already. Hopefully that is ok with her parents. We call her "Aunt Jacquelyn" anyway, so I'm sure it will be ok!

No comments: