Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4th Weekend Pictures Part 2

Sunday B.N. (before naptime)--We went to Costco in the morning to get several groceries...our usual Sunday ritual. Then we went to the pool at the club for lunch. Hunter actually walked out on the diving board, but wouldn't jump in. Jack wasn't interested in swimming, so we sat in a chair and hung out watching the other kids in the pool. Again, no pictures from the pool b/c it's just too hard.

Sunday A.N. (after naptime)--We went to the lake. My parents, Emily, and Gigi were out too. We went on a boat ride and grilled for dinner. The kids were pretty wild, Nick burned his finger on the grill badly, so we went home after dinner...it was just a little crazy. I felt badly that my mom had to do most of the prep and clean up for dinner--Emily had left, Nick helped to grill, and I watched the kids--I am no help when I have to chase after the kids.

Jack and Grandpa driving the pontoon boat


Jack ate tons of watermelon and got it all over his face


We had squirt guns on the boat which helps to keep Hunter and Jack entertained.


Jack and Gigi. I love the mowhawk! He's a pretty cool 1 year old if you ask me :)


Today Hunter has his first swim lesson...we are doing private lessons b/c he needs the one on one attention. He did SO WELL. I dropped him off and went to hide and spy on him with Jack. He was kicking, floating (with Miss Amanda's help), and blowing bubbles. I was so proud. I was worried it could be a disaster (like karate), but it went so well. On the way out to the car he said, "Did God make Miss Amanda?" I said, "Yes, why?" and he said "B/c I love her!" I said, "Wow you love her after just knowing her for 30 minutes?" and he said yes! haha.

No comments: