Friday, October 26, 2012

Quick Takes

1) We got the kids school pictures finally. I think they turned out ok. Hunter's grin is fitting---very devilish and that is him lately. Jack looks cute! The quality is not good b/c I took pics of the pics with my cell phone. 


2) Nick is out of town and it stinks!! We decided to get carry out from Olga's last night and have a picnic. I asked Hunter where he wanted to have a picnic and he said the front porch. So the front porch it was. They had a great time. I felt a little goofy, but whatever. 


3) Last night  I was exhausted. I ran all day long and my feet and back hurt. I was ready for bed early and the kids were too. Confession: sometimes a 30 minute tv induced coma is not a bad thing. See below. We also baked mini-cupcakes which were a hit. Just to have 30 minutes of peace before bed was nice!


 4) This morning we made smoothies. They always play this game to see who can make the biggest "smoothie mustache". 



5) Yesterday we met my friend and photographer at Cobblestone for pictures of the boys. What a day for pictures--80 degrees!! Julie came along to help me change clothes, etc. Julie and Jack are below. I have next to NO pictures of her with the kids. I think this was a cute one.
I am beyond excited to see the pictures. I don't know how I"ll choose b/c I know they are going to look awesome....Jack with his cheesy smile and Hunter was doing the fake smile thing, but it is what it is. Can't wait!! I'm sure they will be our Christmas cards this year! 

 6) All in all yesterday was good. The boys were decent for pictures. They had a fun picnic, went to bed early, and I crashed early too. Tonight I'm going to dinner with a friend and tomorrow night we have a Halloween party. Nick has been gone a lot and I'm getting mad...he's been to Texas, Arkansas, Ohio, and is in Arizona now...all in the last month. I think I'm a married single mom and he doesn't get how hard it is! 

Have a great weekend!! 

No comments: