Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Please pray for our dog (Chopper)

Our poor dog is in the emergency hospital. Long story, but he had some dental work done two weeks ago (they cleaned teeth, cut back gums, and removed his bottom front teeth). This is all pretty common stuff for boxers. Well, things have gone downhill and we took him in yesterday....turns out it's BAD. He's in kidney failure, liver failure, white blood cells are up, body temp is down, he's dehydrated, and has an infection all over, etc. They are concerned he won't make it. I went in to visit him this morning. He seemed a little better, but they said he had an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic last night, has been puking, etc. I am so worried about him and so is Nick. We love Chopper and I have to admit I'm even surprised at how upset I am about this. Maybe b/c I don't want to have to deal with talking to the kids about it and I know how heartbroken Nick will be if he doesn't pull through this. They are doing more blood work today at noon to see how his kidneys are functioning. We are still looking at a few days there which is going to cost a small fortune. Anything for our Chopper though!! He's lost 15% of his body weight since surgery, so this is not good. 
When I left it was so sad, he was just staring at me like "why are you leaving me in this place!?!?"


 They unhooked his meds before bringing them to us :( I'm sure he's wearing a cone too b/c he is trying to pull out the iv's. He's in the pet ICU with a critical care doctor, so I know they know it's serious and they are doing the best they can for him. I didn't even know they had a pet ICU! ha! 

Please pray he recovers from this. We still don't know if it's from an infection or from a BAD reaction to meds....poor guy, we just want him to come home!!! 


 

No comments: