Friday, October 19, 2012

EXCITING STUFF!

I mentioned a couple of months ago that the boys were asked to be in My Urban Toddler's fall clothing catalog. Well, the owner texted me and told me the catalog was in yesterday, so OF COURSE I drove to the store today to pick up some copies. I had asked a few friends to keep an eye out for them in the mail, but since they were sitting out at the store, I snagged 4 copies--ha! Nana had requested one and I wanted a few for us :) 

  Cover of the catalog
Jack doesn't look so great here, but oh well :) Hunter did great not giving his "fake" smile...I was proud of him! Hunter's sweatshirt was $60 and Jack's shirt $32. Not sure I can afford their clothes--LOL. I'm just cheap b/c they grow like weeds and ruin everything! However, as a side note, I did finally invest in nice tennis shoes for the kids. I ordered these adorable adidas ones for Jack and some grey/orange New Balance for Hunter from Zappos. They were $40 or so each which is a lot if you ask me, but not seeing Hunter in ugly tennis shoes and Jack getting quite possibly his second new pair of shoes (instead of hand-me-downs) has drastically improved my quality of life. Pathetic, but true. It was embarrassing. I never knew a cute pair of tennis shoes would improve 
 This was a full page--the only full page picture in the catalog and one of the best! 
 Another of Hunter modeling this shirts ($54 in case you wanted to know-ha!)
The most exciting thing about today....Hunter can read!!! He has been sounding out words and word building since last year, but he is really doing awesome now!! He got to bring home his first book from school yesterday. They send home a book, large envelope, and signature sheet that we say we listened to him read. He read it to Julie, Hannah, Nick and me. This morning he was SO excited to have daddy and mommy listen to him read the whole book while Jack was still asleep. Nick and I were SO proud of him!!! I hope he loves to read as much as we do. I have not been so proud of him in a long time and it's so cool to see how excited and proud he is! Guess what Nick said? "Well, this makes the tuition bill worth it. That principal told me he'd be reading like a second grader in kindergarten" ha! 

I can't wait for him to bring home more books and read to us all the time!! 

No comments: