Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Toledo Zoo with Nana & Gigi

Recently I took the kids with Nana and Gigi to the Toledo Zoo. I try to take the kids a few times each summer and my mom and my grandma LOVE the zoo. I like going with Nick too, but he doesn't care for it that much, so he was off the hook this time. My grandma is so cute and just loves being included and of course we love having her company. She gets a kick out of the kids, but I'm sure after seeing them two days in a row last week, she knows we have our hands full with Hunter. It poured rain the drive down and back, but it was mostly fine while we were there. It was rather cool at times which actually was nice b/c the animals were out and active. I was mad at myself for not taking more pictures and most of these are with my cell phone. It was just too much to handle with the kids, wagon, my grandma in the wheelchair, etc. The cell phone was just easier, but I wish I would have taken more with my good camera :(





There were two polar bears out...at one point they were wrestling, jumping in the water, playing with balls, etc. It rained for a few minutes when we first got to the zoo, so lots of people were hanging out down watching the polar bears.

This is the newest addition to the Toledo Zoo. This baby elephant was born June 3rd (I think) and weighed 300 pounds at birth. He will gain 2-3 pounds per day for the next ten years! He was so cute following his mama around...he was a big attraction at the zoo. They had "IT'S A BOY!!" signs all over :)So cute!

Hunter always likes these things...we did this and it distracted him from the playground fortunately. We wanted to get home for naps, so no time for the playplace when there are so many animals to see.
Jack got his turn...although all you can see are his chubby legs hanging down.

I really likes these guys...they were all being lazy today...There were three or four just sprawled out on the ground resting.


We went on the carousal of course! Gigi rode with us...I stood next to Jack and my mom next to Hunter. The train was closed b/c of the weather and that was disappointing b/c that's the best to see the giraffe and zebra.
I climbed on with Jack, but the old man worker told me I was not allowed to do that.
Nana & Jack being silly. He kept trying to stick his finger in her mouth. I like how they are laughing at each other here.

Hunter, Jack, and Nana watching the seal...he got super close to the window and you could count his whiskers b/c he was so close!


Jellyfish...they had lights that changed color every few seconds and made the jellyfish look really neat.


I know I have a picture of this fish from every time we go to this zoo. It's just so ugly that I have to take a picture! The eyes bulging out, the huge lips, those teeth, these things hanging down off its stomach...yuck!


Jack loved standing on the ledge at each display to see the fish up close.


Jack loved sitting in Gigi's lap and going on her wheelchair. I didn't think he'd last riding with her, but he enjoyed it.

I think Gigi liked having him on her lap too :)
The Sloth Bear was nose to nose with Hunter. He was lazy, but we got to see him right at the window.

No comments: