Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lots of random things I want to remember

1) Hunter only has two days left of pre-school. Where has the year gone? I can't believe how much he's grown since September! I got his spring progress report and it was very positive. He has been staying till 1pm for the past two weeks and seems to really enjoy eating lunch and having recess with the other kids. We'll do that all next year too. This week is spirit week. Monday was pj day...(minus daddy's flip flops)


2) We went to Target last week and as we were walking in there was a very pregnant lady walking out. Hunter said, very loudly I might add, "Why is that lady's belly SO big??" I said, "b/c she has a baby in her belly". The lady heard and laughed, but I still apologized. She said, "I have a five year old and hear it every day, so it's totally fine". I still proceeded to talk about people being different shapes, colors, etc and we don't have to talk about it out loud. He asked me why a lady's butt was so big a while ago too, but thank goodness the lady didn't hear--or pretended not to at least. Talk about embarrassing.


3) Lately, we've had people working outside doing landscaping and setting up a play structure. Hunter has been wanting to take Chopper out on a leash (he has invisible fence, but when people are in the yard, we take him on the leash), so we all go out together. Chopper was pooping and Hunter was saying, "We need to get him some toilet paper to wipe his butt". I tried to explain dogs don't use toilet paper and he thought that was quite gross and we should really wipe his butt after he goes poop.


4) Saturday we met up with my friend Amber and went to the park and dinner (Nick was out of town). We were driving to the park and Amber and Hunter were chatting away. Finally Hunter looked at her and said, very seriously, "Amber, please stop talking now". We were cracking up! You might have had to be there, but it was really funny, take my word for it.


5) Hunter wakes up EARLY ever since he's been in the toddler bed. I get up at 6am to shower and get at least part way ready before he is in our bathroom causing trouble while I try to get ready for work. The other day, he came in early and I was still in the shower. I try to hold the shower door shut and explain how I want privacy (or he will just open the door and talk to me). When I got out he said, "Mommy, maybe when I'm 31 years old like you I can take a shower with you". I said "Well, buddy, when you are 31, you are not going to want to take a shower with me!" Of course he asked why. Just because I said so.


6) When all else fails and you are home alone with two rowdy boys, just hook one up to a leash and pretend to be a dog or make animal noises. It entertained and made them giggle for at least 30 minutes. I was also hooked up to the leash at one point making all sorts of animal noises. I just hoped no one was peeking in our windows or they would think I was crazy!



I just like to document the funny stuff that goes on so I can show Hunter some day how funny he is.

No comments: