Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Wow...the weekend went by so fast and I can't even remember all that we did. We spent lots of quality time together, which I love. Saturday I can't even remember much of what we did during the day. Nick and Hunter went out for a while so Jack and I could go shopping. After naps, we had a sitter come so Nick and I could go on a date. We went to Mongolian BBQ which I love! Sunday we went to the Mill Pond and Imagination Station in Brighton before heading to Costco. Sunday after naps Matt & Jacquelyn came for a bbq. We always love spending time with them...she is due in 6 more weeks and I can't wait. Hunter just loves Matt so much--he's going to be a great daddy. I hope they have a boy. Monday we went to the Dexter parade and out to the lake after naps. My parents, Emily, and Gigi were out there too. Going on the boat went better than anticipated...I was sort of worried about having two very mobile kids, but they were really good. The five squirt guns from the One Spot at Target were the best investment ever--kept Hunter busy the whole time on the boat. He would just walk around squirting everyone.
Lots of pictures from the weekend, but here are the ones from the parade.


I really like the Dexter parade b/c it has that small town feel to it...


It was HOT, but not too bad in the shade. Jack was begging for candy the whole time, but a sucker kept him busy for quite a while.
Both boys love the fire trucks!


Running out to grab candy. There weren't a lot of other kids right next to us, so we got lucky with the candy :) Of course it will go stale before we eat it though. There was an older boy with a leg brace on so I kept making Hunter bring him candy since he couldn't go get it. I was proud to see Hunter give up candy so willingly to this other boy.



Our church has a float that advertises for our huge festival in July...


Father Brendan driving the truck. He threw Hunter TONS of candy once he saw us...just what we needed!

Loud monster truck :)


I've been so busy lately with no time to blog!

No comments: