Monday, June 6, 2011

My weekend with the kids

Nick went to Baltimore this past weekend to visit some friends, so I was on my own with the kids. It went a little better than anticipated, but by Sunday afternoon, I was crabby and ready to have him home. I woke up today with a very sore back, so I know I overdid it with the kids.


Friday after work we went to Target for some retail therapy. We got some little pools for the deck, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, squirt guns, etc. Jack has been teething horribly for the past six days, so car rides and other outings have been a little more difficult than I'm used to. At one point both kids were out of the cart pulling things off the shelf and I just didn't care.


Saturday morning Aunt Emily took Hunter to soccer for me--thanks Emily. I was happy to have the break and he would not have been able to go otherwise. Connie and Baby Tyler came over to hang out for a bit, but Tyler was a little fussy and so was Jack, so it wasn't as relaxing as I'd hoped for. After naps on Saturday, I met up with my friend Amber. We went to the park with the kids and then out to dinner. Dinner was pretty chaotic--that might be an understatement. Oh well. Jack slept until 8:30am on Sunday, so we for sure wore him out!


Sunday morning we hung around the house and waited for daddy to come home. He got home at noon and after naps we went to the lake with Chris and Mason. Mason's mom was on call at the hospital so she couldn't come with us :( Me and five boys on the boat--yippee...and I was cranky. My back hurt, Jack was fussy, Hunter was being mean to Jack, and I'd lost my patience. Chris (Mason's daddy) probably thinks I'm mean. Sorry about that. Nick was getting on my nerves which was disappointing considering I was happy that he was home. I don't like when that happens.


Here is the crab pool we got from Target. We had a frog one that my parents got just like this last summer, but it broke. They are having more fun inside before I even brought it out.



Hunter was so great on Sunday morning helping to water the flowers. He watered each one and I think it took at least 30 minutes.

Jack and I hung out and watched. Hunter took his job very seriously.
My cutie pie playing in the yard.

Can you find Jack??



Ok, this was cracking me up. I went to shut Hunter's door on Sunday while he was sleeping and saw this. He is such a boy!! I almost laughed out loud and then ran out to get my cell phone to take a picture. I can't wait to show him this when he's older.

I love these Little Brother pj's!!



I have lots more fun pictures from Saturday and Sunday, but these were just the ones from my phone. Hope you had a nice weekend!!






No comments: