Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting creative...and random conversations

I was looking for indoor things to do last week while Hunter was on winter break and came across this easy thing...put shaving cream in a baking sheet with some toys and let him play. It was fun and entertained him for quite some time! I soaked the toys afterwards, but they still smell like shaving cream. Oh well.

Today I signed Hunter up to play soccer. I'm really excited for him and I hope he likes it! It starts on March 26th, every Saturday for 8 weeks, so we'll see how it goes. Nick wants to take him, but Jack and I might tag along just to check it out too :) I can't wait to see him in his little jersey!

Here are some funny things Hunter has said lately--and there are too many for me to remember, but I have to document this.

1) Driving to school on Monday I told him that when he got home we were having someone over to measure to repair the window. Hunter proceeded to ask 20 questions. What is his name? Is he a boy? Is he tall? Does he have kids? Are they boys or girls? What are their names? Does he have legs? Does he have a face? I was laughing hysterically. Yes honey, he has legs and a face.

2) One evening last week while Nick was gone he must have asked me 10 times, "Mommy, are you crazy?" I wonder if Nick is telling him these things when I'm not around. I just said, "Yes, sometimes. So are you."

3) Yesterday when I got home Julie (our nanny) said he was perfect all day. So this morning I said, "Lets have another great day and be a really good boy! That makes me so happy." He said, "I don't want to go to time-out b/c it's not fun". I said, "Ok, well be nice to Jack, no naughty words, no hitting and you'll be all good". He said, "Can I kick?". I said "No". He said, "Can I kick my big blue ball, if it's not at Jack?". I responded with, "Yes, I suppose, but please don't break anything." You can just see he's testing me to see what he can and can not do!

4) He tells me daily how he can't wait till we go to Disneyworld. He wants to give Buzz Lightyear a hug, meet Mickey mouse, go on huge roller coasters, see fireworks, go on water slides, and "scream his head off" on the rides. Only 6 more days!!!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Britta said...

Haha! I love that he asked if the repairman had a face! Can't the hilarious things they say just make your day? I feel like I should be keeping a journal throughout the day so I can show Franek later and laugh. I love this age!