Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Disney--last day of our trip

On our last full day at Disneyworld we went to Magic Kingdom (again). We wanted to go to the water park, but it looked as though it would not be warm enough. By 11am we realized it would have been nice enough, so we decided to head back for naps and get some time at the pool later in the day. We took Jack in the pool and he had more fun than Hunter. Hunter did well the first day at the pool, but would not get off the steps the last day. Unfortunately, with Nick and I both in the pool with kids, we didn't get any pictures.

I really wanted to take Hunter to this pirate thing they had...I guess you are supposed to make an appointment, but we got lucky and they had an opening. Jack slept while Hunter got his face done, which was great b/c it took quite a while! I think I look very tired in the picture above--it was a long week. Getting his face painted...
Hunter sat so quietly and still while they painted his face and got him in costume. His pirate name was "Girard". I kept waiting for him to say "I'm done!" and not let them finish, but he was great.

When they take you back to paint your face, you get to pick out of about 9 face styles. This was the ONLY one I didn't want him to pick b/c it was just SO MUCH paint. Of course, it was exactly the one he pointed to first. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was going to have tears if he didn't get this one, so I gave in. He also got a hat thing, earring, sash, and sword...so fun and well worth the money.

Jack is looking at him like "Who are you and what did you do with my big brother!?!?" He got lots of stares and pointing the rest of the day!
We had to stop for a few infamous pictures that every family takes in front of the Disney castle. For dinner, we just decided to get pizza on this boardwalk. We stayed at the pool and playground until 6pm, so decided to do an easy dinner our last night. We took the boat you can see in the background back to our hotel after dark which was fun. The kids both got to watch the fireworks from our hotel room on the last night too. We had a great view of them every night at 9am (Epcot Center puts them on, but we could see them perfectly). Well, that's about it! I still have some on my phone, so I'll have to do a random post with those when I get around to it. On a complete side note, Hunter and I went for a LONG walk again last night. We had so much fun once again holding hands and talking. He asked me last night where he had peed in the woods the night before, so I showed him. I said, "Normally you want to go in the toilet. Especially b/c it's pretty cold and windy out.". Hunter said, "Well, I don't think my wee-wee will blow away because it has a lot of skin on it." I just think it's hilarious the way his mind works.

No comments: