Thursday, August 12, 2010

So much has changed in the last 6 years

Nick and I will be married 6 years on August 14th. We've been together over 10 years...it's crazy to think that we've been together over 1/3 of our lives. He is such a wonderful dad and husband, and not to mention, very handsome. Just ask him and he'll tell you! When he is annoying me, I try to think about all the other "dad's" our age that I know and I realize I've got it good in comparison. He cooks. He helps around the house. He has exempted me from ever going to the grocery store again b/c he knows I HATE it (and he takes Hunter with him). He's funny...or at least tries to be. He always rubs my back and feet when I ask, even though I will never rub his feet (if you've seen them you wouldn't either and feet just gross me out). He doesn't get mad at me when I spend money at Target (although last night he actually commented on it while he was unloading bags and diapers from my trunk). Of course he has his flaws, but since it's our anniversary post and I'm being nice, I will not point them out.

I think back to when we got married...no kids, no dog, and life was so different. I can't even remember what we did with our time before we had kids. We talked about it and I think we relaxed, worked, had fun, and drank a lot of wine! Life has changed in a good way of course, but it seems like we are going through a stressful time with two kids under the age of 3.

This weekend we are going to South Haven for the weekend. My mom/dad got us a weekend and a Bed & Breakfast and we are counting the hours till we leave. They are also watching the kids...THANK YOU MOM & DAD. We are leaving Friday morning. I scheduled a 90 minute massage each at a spa in South Haven for Friday after lunch b/c we can't check in till 3pm, so why not get a massage to kill some time? haha. We are not buying each other gifts, but the massage and some nice dinners are going to be our "gifts" to each other.

I thought I'd put some pictures below of us...back when we were young and so in love!! haha.

I love you honey and thanks for being such an awesome husband!

In Grand Haven when I was pregnant with Hunter

Our wedding day...

On Mackinac Island...the weekend we got engaged
In Las Vegas for a wedding in 2005 (Nick's stepbrother)
Bed & Breakfast in Traverse City (2005)

My Grandma's 75th Birthday Party--Whitney in Detroit (2004)

Houseboat Trip (2003)
Key West for wedding in 2003. This was the first of our college friends to get married. When Nick finally proposed to me he said "if Justin could do it, I figured I could too". Nice.

New Year's Eve 2003

I will be back Sunday with pictures from our trip :)

Oh, and Jack just had his 9 month checkup...50th percentile for length, weight and 70th for his head. He's doing great!!

No comments: