Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jack is 9 months

Jack turned 9 months yesterday. He is such a wonderful and easy baby...I just love going into his room each morning and smelling that baby smell when I pick him up!




Here is what is going on with him--he has his 9 month check up on Thursday, so I'll find out his measurements then.

  • Jack is pretty much sleeping through the night (9 out of 10 nights or more). He goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up between 6-7am. He goes back down for a morning nap about an hour after he wakes up for another hour or two. Then naps again around 1pm until 3pm or so. From 3-8pm is a long stretch for him, but it's nice to have both kids napping at the same time, so we'll work with it.

  • When he wakes up he just rolls around and plays in his crib. I am so fortunate to have kids that do that rather than waking up and crying immediately. He's learned to kick the sides of his crib and it makes a lot of noise.

  • He can hold his own bottle really well and it's so nice to just give it to him and not have to sit and hold it for him :)

  • Jack LOVES Hunter. He just smiles and laughs at everything Hunter does and watches his every move.

  • He is a super happy baby still. All he does is smile!

  • Jack still has NO teeth. I can't believe it...I was sure he'd have some by now, but not yet! Hunter had about 4 teeth by this age.

  • He's not really crawling, but gets around. He rolls and scooches everywhere. Monica, our nanny, says he kind of does an army crawl, but I haven't really seen much of it.

  • He makes a lot of noise. He yells, babbles, and says "ba-ba-ba-ba" a lot.

Click the link below to see video...Jack laughing for literally no reason (other than he's looking at me)--haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAhv6JIT6YQ

For some reason I can't get videos to upload properly. The upload, but then when I try to play back, I get an error message.

No comments: