Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation Pictures--Part 1

We went up to Boyne Mountain for the 4th of July week. We stayed at my in-laws time share condo. The car ride up there was horrible--We had to stop every hour to give the kids a break. We were right next door to Avalanche Bay, which is a HUGE indoor water park. We got a 5 day pass there and it was a great thing--we could just take Hunter for an hour while Jack was sleeping and it worked out really well. All in all we had fun, but were ready to come home. Jack was lacking sleep--he'd sleep through the night, but naps were tough and he was just plain exhausted. Hunter rarely napped and Nick had to sleep in a room with him and me in a room with Jack. I can't wait until they are older and can sleep in big beds and do their own thing. We spent our time at the water park, pool, Deer Lake beach, etc. I have tons of pictures (I took over 400) and so I'll have lots of posts this week about our trip! On a funny note, Hunter was practically famous in our little condo area. He said hi to everyone and I'd be out walking with him and someone would say "hi hunter" and I'd have no clue who they were and they'd say, "oh, he was at the playground yesterday with your husband" or whatever...he made friends everywhere he went, which is a good sign--he should do well in pre-school come this fall! He is NOT shy.

Here are some pictures from the 4th of July....

I was so mad that I forgot their matching 4th of July tee-shirts at home, but oh well. I had other matching shirts that they wore. We went to a parade the morning of the 4th...it was SO hot!


Baby Jack and daddy at the parade

It was so hot so Jack and daddy found a spot in the shade. Jack made another friend who was about 3 weeks younger than him :)

In the evening we went out to dinner and for a walk along the water in Boyne City. We listened to some music, went to the playground, and got ice cream.


Hunter was having fun talking to these boys. It looks like they were good sports about it!

After we put Jack to bed we let Hunter play with sparkelers for a little bit...I was paranoid and didn't really like him playing with them by himself. Maybe next year.

We also got him some of those snapper things...he had a blast throwing them and hearing them "pop"

No comments: