Monday, July 19, 2010

Hunter...I don't even know what to call this post

Hunter has been mentally and physically exhausting us both lately. He started climbing out of his crib, whining, yelling, and just being plain difficult lately. He is funny and great at times, but it's been very challenging lately. I know it will pass, but it's tiring. We converted his bed to a toddler bed on Friday night. I tried to make it fun--we went out Friday and picked out three new toys. I told him we'd play with them on Saturday morning if he slept good in his new bed. We ended up having to lie with him Friday night until he fell asleep. Saturday at nap....it hurts my head to think about it. I kid you not, he came out of his room over 175 times over the course of an hour and a half. Finally I put him in bed and rubbed his back and he crashed as he'd been crying for so long. I remember seeing this Supernanny where a kid did that and I just couldn't believe it...now I do. It's been worse than I could have imagined. I know he will get used to it eventually and we'll be ok, but it's been tough. I am at a loss for what to do...I've looked online, talked to friends, etc and we are not having much luck. We did realize he is afraid when the door is closed, so we'll keep it open some till he falls asleep from now on. I am hoping and praying our nanny has better luck today. He also has woken up a few times in the middle of the night and comes running into our room. Nick takes him back to bed and lies on the floor till he falls back asleep (usually only takes a few minutes in the middle of the night). Well, hopefully in a week we'll be in better shape--I figure, it can't get any worse than this! At least I can look forward to The Bachelorette tonight...haha.


On a happier note, here are a few pictures of him finger painting--and painting himself.





More pictures from our weekend to come. I am thankful that Jack is a cute and easy baby! This weekend four different people came up to us and told us Jack is the most beautiful baby. That made me so happy! One person came up to my mom Saturday night while she was holding him and the other three were on Sunday at church and at the church festival. Two men actually came up to Nick to tell him how cute and what beautiful eyes Jack has. Of course we think so, but I could never imagine Nick going up to a stranger to tell them he thought their baby was cute!

No comments: