Friday, April 16, 2010

Parker Mills Park

Last night we went to the park for a bit. It was about 80 degrees all day and so nice out! The park weaves around Fleming Creek, which also runs behind our house--thus the name of our street. We like this park b/c there are lots of bridges to walk on, the creek is fun to walk around, and it's about five minutes from our house. There is not a playground, but Hunter has fun exploring and walking on the paths.

The highlight of our visit was seeing one of the contestants from The Biggest Loser there riding his bike! He went by us and I was thinking he looks familiar and where do I know him from?Then I realized it was the show. I knew they were from Ann Arbor. Basically, I stalked him and waited for him to come back by on his bike and asked him if he was Daryl from The Biggest Loser. He said he was...he stopped and said hello and talked for a minute. I had recorded the show from Tuesday evening and hadn't finished watching it yet. I watched the rest last night to see his daughter got voted off. I knew he had been voted off already, but not her.

Our cutie pie. He slept most of the time at the park, but woke up at the end of our walk

I thought it would be fun to go out onto this tree that had fallen across the river, but trying to balance both myself and Hunter was not easy--especially in flip flops. Rinsing our feet off before heading to the car.

2 comments:

Britta said...

I know I'm going to start getting jealous of your pictures this summer when I see that you are outside in nice weather and we're stuck inside in the sweltering heat. :-) I LOVE that picture of Jack. That looks like a great park to explore in!

Congrats also on the preschool. I've been just starting to look at 3 year-old programs for Lena to see what's around here. Montessori schools really seem nice!

Bubby's Mommy said...

We loved that park too--we spent a lot time there in the fall. Jack is just gorgeous!