Friday, April 30, 2010

Two weekends ago...better late than never.

**I had saved this as a draft and forgot to post....so here it is...

Last weekend (two weekends ago now) was soooo busy. We had lots of fun things planned, but I hate going to bed Sunday night feeling even more exhausted then I was on Friday when I left work! I guess we put it on ourselves with all the plans we make, but it was tiring.

Last Friday night we went to a 10 year anniversary party for the New Hope Center for Grief Support. They asked Nick to serve on their board last fall and so we attended the party with Nick's dad and stepmom as our guests. We came home from work Friday and 30 minutes later Connie came to watch the kids and we were out the door with Mimi & Hoppy to head to the party. Saturday morning we had breakfast with Mimi & Hoppy before they left. Then Hunter and I met up with my Aunt Rhonda and cousin Connie to go see Hidi (Hunter's great-grandma) in Howell.



Hunter and Great-Grandma Hidi

We had a pizza party at her nursing home. Hunter ate two pieces of pizza and ice cream! Then we came back home for naptime. After nap, we met up with the Duprey family to take the kids bowling. Not many places have open bowl b/c of leagues on Saturday night. We ended up at Ypsi/Arbor Bowling alley. I waited in the car while Nick went in to see if it was safe to bring the kids in b/c it is pretty ghetto there. I am exagerrating a tiny bit, but I was glad we came and left while it was still light out. Sunday Amber and I went to the zoo all day, so it was a busy weekend. Fun, but busy!

Nick showing Hunter how to bowl

Group effort!



Our wild child. We were at a different lane, but with the kids running wild (see above) I asked if we could move to the end to give the kids more space to run around. They haven't learned about bowling etiquette just yet.

No comments: