Monday, April 19, 2010

Detroit Zoo with "Aunt" Amber

Sunday my long time friend (from our days at Mercy High) went to the Detroit Zoo with Hunter. It was pretty cold, but we had a blast. I never imagined we'd be there for about 4 1/2 hours, but it was really fun. I think we circled the zoo twice b/c every time Hunter had to go potty we'd have to leave where we were and find a potty--and quick! Then we'd have to go back to where we left off. We saw lots of animals and just had a good time hanging out together.

Hunter loves "Ammbuur". He was so excited to see her and see the "am-uhls"

I think my favorite part was the rhinos...I think they were fighting as they were running and trying to hook each other with their horns. It was quite a sight. Hunter liked the monkeys and the peacocks the most. I think he liked the peacocks b/c every time he said "peacock" Amber would giggle (I think she is 30 going on 16--haha!). A stranger even saw Hunter say "peacock" and Amber started cracking up and this guy said, "I can see you are trouble from a mile away!"...yep...by the end of the day even Hunter was copying me and saying, "bad aunt amber".

I couldn't believe how fast the rhino's could run!

We did get a great view of the peacocks!



My cutie pie!


We wore Hunter out! He hasn't falled asleep in his carseat in over a year, so with no nap and a busy day at the zoo, he was out as soon as we got into the car :)

More pictures to come soon!

No comments: