Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

You can buy carrot sticks to feed to the animals. Hunter really enjoys feeding the goats. Oh, and he does not like cows! He likes them in his books, but not in real life. The "moo"-ing that they do scares him.

On the hayride...


Hunter enjoyed petting the bunny. At first he chased the bunny and it hopped away, but later on he had a chance to pet it.

We always have to stop at the big tractor on the way out.

Even my third "big kid" took a turn pretending to drive the tractor. I had to tell him to get off and give some other kids a chance to climb up on it :)



Nick and I had the day off for Good Friday and the stock market was closed. It was a beautiful day today. It was a little humid, but we are just happy to be able to be outside. This morning I took Hunter to Target to get some new shoes for summer. After we got back from the store we all went to Domino's Petting Farm before nap time. Hunter loves to go see the "moo, bull, ducks, goats," and other "a-muhls" (animals). Jack even seemed interested in the noises and animals. Hunter and Nick went on the hayride. My back has been killing me lately, so I didn't think it would be a good idea with the bouncing around. After the petting farm (Nick is ready to go after an hour), we ate lunch on the deck, had nap time, and decorated Easter eggs on the deck. Then we went out to dinner and stopped at Big Boy on the way home for dessert. Hunter wolfed down a brownie sundae and chocolate malt. We all shared both desserts, but I think Hunter ate more than us. We don't do that often, but it was fun. I'm sure from now on whenever we drive past Big Boy he will point and whine to go there.


On another note, we have been eating a new thing for lunch. Almond butter and honey sandwiches. I had heard about almond butter before--it's similar to peanut butter, but all natural and better for you b/c it doesn't have all the "extra" things in it. It's purely dry roasted almonds. I think we will be making a switch and not buying peanut butter anymore. It's not quite as tasty, but on sandwiches with jelly or honey, you really can't tell the difference. I toast an english muffin and it's really yummy.

1 comment:

Britta said...

Hunter looks so old in jeans and a t-shirt! I think he and Lena would get along well with a shared love of a-muhls. :-) He would have loved the Rodeo down here!

I love almond butter! Although, we usually just buy the peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts. The downside is you have to stir it and store it in the refrigerator, but I like it much better than the pb with added sugar. Also, I know at Arbor Farms (and probably Whole Foods), they have those make-your-own pb machines where you can crush your peanut butter in the store. Lena thinks they are pretty cool.

Happy Easter!