Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prayer Requests

My week has gotten off to a rough start. Yesterday my grandma fell badly and was rushed via ambulance to U of M. Turns out she busted her head open badly, broke her hip, and is in rough shape. She is scheduled to have surgery today. Due to her thin blood, etc. it's a little risky. I am going to run up there at lunch time to say hello and wish her the best. The kids made her some cute cards, so I'll bring those too. Please pray she comes through smoothly and recovers quickly.

Here is my grandma (aka "gigi") just last week!


Then, my one of my BFF's since 10th grade texted me last night at midnight. Her brother is a freshman in college and had a drug overdose. I guess he got high on bath salts. If you google "bath salts high" you can see it's a popular way for young kids to get high. He's in ICU, along with two friends, in Grand Rapids. My heart breaks for them and I would like to go be with her tonight if I can. My friend and her mom drove over there in the middle of the night and I think he's not doing well. I am praying that he recovers and pulls through...and can get the help he needs. I know my friend could not handle losing her brother. I am so sad about this and it's weighing heavily on me today.


Please pray for both of them. I am really close with my grandma and am so sad to see her going downhill. My kids are also very close with her and I just want her to be around to see them grow!

No comments: