Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Yep...two posts in one day....wow.

Of course I think Nick is a great dad to our boys, but I think my dad is the best too! It's his birthday today and I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Dad! I wish I would remember to do this for all of our parents, but I just forget (sorry!)
There are a few things you'll notice when you see the pictures below. He's funny and he likes to drink. Sometimes he gets a little obnoxious when he drinks and tries to be funny, but oh well.

I love you dad...I hope you have a great day. Hunter and Jack love you too--they are so lucky to have such a fun grandpa (who rides elephants and goes to the circus--even though I know mom probably dragged you there). Lions game on Thanksgiving Day several years ago

Houseboat trip several years ago...he's at least 50 pounds lighter so he might not like this picture :)
Funny guy!


Christmas Eve several years ago...
Christmas Day a few years ago--the hair is much more grey now! Stress....

He really is asleep here holding his beer...I think this was 4th of July.



My wedding day...He thought he was so funny after he "handed" me to Nick he wiped his hands and gave everyone a laugh at the church. I know he was joking though!

He is a wonderful grandpa. He gets down on the floor with them, jokes with them, and is a lot of fun. Hunter and Jack both love him so much. Hunter had a sleepover last weekend with them and had a great time! Thanks for taking him for the night!!!

Jack and Grandpa driving the boat...


Dad, you are the best. You put up with a lot of crap between me, Emily and mom! I don't know how you do it sometimes (or is that why you drink??). You are so laid back back and I don't know how you remain calm and don't get mad very often. It's funny b/c you lived with three women and now I live with three boys. I am sure I have it easier...minus the energy level of Hunter. I probably don't tell you enough, but you are the best dad and I appreciate you so much. Thanks for letting me stay up to watch MASH with you when I was a kid and mom was working late, always saying yes (or telling me to ask mom), plunging our toilets when Nick can't do it, fixing stuff around our house (b/c Nick can't do stuff--LOL), taking us to the airport, and basically jumping any time I ask for help with something, even though mom ends up doing it at times. Thanks for moving my stuff every year in college when I couldn't stay in the same apartment for more than one year and I know it was a lot of work and drove you nuts. I'm glad I married Nick b/c he's a lot like you...Although I think he's better looking and minus the handyman skills, but thankfully you are close by to still help us!!! Nick, Hunter, and Jack love you too!!! I love seeing you with the boys and they are so lucky to have you be such a big part of their life. I can't wait till they are older and you can teach them your handyman skills, how to drive a dump drunk, drive a boat, plunge a toilet, change a light bulb (just kidding nick), and more :)

Happy Birthday!!!!


No comments: