Monday, November 14, 2011

Super long catch up post

I am so disappointed in my lack of blogging lately. I have been so busy and my blog is not the only thing getting neglected. I'm trying to get better starting now! Here are a bunch of pictures that are just random and were on my phone :)

Nana got Hunter this puzzle--it's a 150 piece puzzle of the USA and part of Canada. It's pretty hard, but of course after one day he had it mastered. When I asked him what he wanted for Christmas this year he said, "I just want a 1,000 piece puzzle and a new toothbrush"...totally random. I did get him a 200 piece floor puzzle and I know he'll love it--I think he will be ready for 1,000 in a few years, but not quite yet--we'll work our way up to it! Our nightly ritual...apples before bed and usually watching a little bit of tv before going up to bed. I love seeing them hanging out next to each other and being nice.

Every time Jack is done eating and he sees me coming toward him with the washcloth to clean his face...trying to avoid getting wiped clean!

Jack loves to sit in the time out chair just for fun...and I love this Halloween shirt--you can't see it, but at the bottom it says "Surrender yer candy!"

Daddy's Tiny Terror---and that's a fact. My parents got Jack all these foam blocks for his birthday. I was complaining b/c there are so many, so they took the kids to Home Depot last weekend when they babysat and bought this huge bin to put them in. The kids now love the bin more than the blocks :)

They get in together and want me to bury them in blocks.

I love seeing them play together, even though I can't go far b/c they still can't be trusted in terms of being kind to one another just yet. We are working on it.


Jack got this outfit for his birthday and I LOVE it. He is also wearing my shoes with it, which makes him extra cute!

My two superheros! They love to put on their capes and run around the house together.
Nick will be embarrassed about this, but I couldn't resist.

Such a happy little guy :)

Love that smile!

I was doing dishes and turned my back for one second--and this is where he was. Hunter never did stuff like this, but Jack is much more of a climber.

He also discovered he can climb up on this box to flip the light switch. It brings a lot of entertainment. On and off and on and off.....
He's so proud of himself.

Simple things like a laundry basket can also bring so much happiness--no need for toys when they prefer stuff like this I guess.

Hunter goes to soccer on Saturday mornings. He did not like his coach this semester, so I'm glad it's over with. Not many people liked him...I guess he was just very boring (I don't take him, so I don't know). Anyway, he has a friend, Landon, and they met and soccer and we sign up with them. Last Saturday he started his new session with Coach Rachel and I guess she is much better. I'm actually taking him this Saturday for the first time in a long time, so I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how he's doing! We are thinking about doing this parent/child basketball thing they have at the same place. It's once a week on a weeknight, so Nick thought it would be fun and something to do to get out and get some exercise when it's winter and gets dark so early.

Hunter is in the front, second from the right...with his head down. I guess that tells you how much he did not like this class!

Hunter, Nick, Mason and Chris went bowling on Sunday night. Jack has been teething and waking up so early, so we stayed home and hung out. From the sounds of it, I'm glad I did...Nick said Hunter and Mason were wild (I'm sure Hunter was the main culprit). I really enjoyed some quiet time with Jack Sunday evening. It was SO quiet...I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I just try to give Jack my undivided attention b/c I don't get to be alone with him that much. We had fun though! Hunter scored a 70---I was impressed although I'm sure it's probably not that hard when you have bumpers!


Well, I have a funny story coming soon...and still need to post pics from Jack's little birthday get together soon :)



No comments: