Friday, November 18, 2011

Jack's actual birthday and what he's been up to!

Jack turned two on November 9th. I can't believe it. Time really does fly.

Here is what has been going on with our little guy...


  • Jack is in the 50th percentile for head and weight and 75th percentile for length. Close to perfect if you ask me! I'm happy to have tall boys. Hunter has always been in the 95th or higher for his height. I guess we will have to teach them how to play basketball.

  • He sleeps from 8pm till about 7pm. Right now he is cutting two teeth, so he's been waking up earlier than usual. I'm hoping he'll get back on schedule soon.

  • Jack loves to copy us, especially Hunter. He does get frustrated with Hunter being mean to him, so he bites in order to retaliate. We are not happy about it, but are trying to teach Hunter that he does it b/c he doesn't know what else to do to express his anger when Hunter is unkind. Hey, in all honesty, Hunter deserves it, but I would never tell the kids that! Normally Hunter sees it coming and moves or doesn't let it happen. Jack is certainly forming more opinions and letting us know when he's not happy about something. He used to be more laid back, but gets more upset lately when things don't go his way. Overall, he's still a sweetie pie.

  • He is a good eater. He loves fruit and will eat just about anything you put in front of him. He LOVES ketchup. If I don't watch him carefully he will just eat ketchup and not dip his food in it.

  • Jack is running and he's getting fast. He can also do somersaults. He is a little monkey too--constantly climbing up on things.

  • He is not really talking yet. I am not too worried b/c both kids have been on the late end of the spectrum when it comes to talking. I know he can hear and he can also multi-task when we ask him to do things. We could say, "Go get your cup and put it in the sink" and he would do it. Our doctor is not concerned either. I know people who have their kids in speech therapy at age two if they are not talking, and I'm just not going for that. I have no intention on neglecting him, but I guarantee in 6 months he will be totally caught up.

  • Jack is the BEST helper. It is so sweet. He insists on putting his own dirty diapers in the diaper genie. He will bring his dishes to the sink. Jack loves to help with laundry, pick up toys, empty the dishwasher, and more. I just love that he loves to help. I bought him a "Just like me" cleaning thing...it's like this little cart with a broom, mop, brush and dust pan, etc. He LOVES it. Nick was not happy about it (b/c it's a "girl toy") but I don't care b/c I don't think it hurts to have a boy/man learn how to help around the house!!

  • I just LOVE it when he squeals with happiness and laughter. He cracks me up. There is nothing is better than hearing a 2 year old laugh hysterically.

  • Jack has just started to like doing puzzles. I have to admit, he's not as good as Hunter, but he's learning. I can't compare the kids and they have such different personalities. I'm just glad he's starting to take an interest in them...hey, since we have about 40 puzzles, I need a second child to play with them so we can get our money out of them!!

  • Jack is a mommy's boy. He loves me so much and wants me to hold him and know where I am at all times. He also really likes our nanny, Julie. There are times he wants to go to her instead of me, and I'm totally cool with that. It makes me happy to know he loves her that much.

  • Jack really looks up to Hunter. I am not pleased that he picks up bad habits, but it's cute to see that he wants to be like his big brother.

  • Overall, he is a joy to have around. He does such cute and funny things. I think I just enjoy it so much more this time around b/c I'm not as paranoid. I'm still a big worry wart, but I can't help it! I know there is a lot more going on, but I can't think of anything else right now. On his actual birthday, we had leftover cake and he blew out the candle himself.

    So exciting to have all the attention.


I got Jack these letter/number floor puzzle mat thingy (along with other stuff). Hunter liked putting it together while Jack loved running back and forth on it (and making Hunter mad).

I love this pictures of Gigi and Jack. She looks so happy. Gigi loves her great-grandsons and they are beyond blessed to see her as much as they do!
Hunter and Aunt Emily eating birthday cake and ice cream.
I also got Jack and sit-and-spin. Hunter is just figuring out how to make himself spin fast on it. It's one of those "old school" toys that every kid needs to have--kind of the like the vacuum popper thing--or whatever you call it!

No comments: