Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October 31st Trick-or-Treating

Monday night we went to Burns Park to go trick-or-treating. In our neighborhood the houses are too far apart for our little kids to walk...and I can't carry them from house to house. We met up with Mike, Jacque, and Michael (who is a few weeks older than Jack). They have a friend who lives in Burns Park sub and said it's a great place to go trick-or-treating. I was shocked! They said they get up to 700 kids!!! OMG--talk about having to buy a lot of candy!! It's a nice subdivision, so I guess they can afford it--haha. They sure go all out. The street was closed, the people passing out candy were dressed up, they had parties, and houses were decorated to the max. It was quite a scene to say the least. Both kids were in a funny mood--kind of crabby and just not acting themselves. We had fun though :) Surprisingly they haven't even asked to eat any of their candy! Jack and I...I carried him to a lot of houses b/c I think he was tired. This one house had HUGE pumpkins--they must have weighed hundreds of pounds! We attempted to get a pictures of the three boys with it, but they were all too wild to stand still.

Attempt #2. I have to thank Jacque for taking all the pictures. With both kids, the wagon, and the crowds it was impossible for Nick to try to take pictures. I am so thankful she took a bunch of good pictures for us. I'm usually wanting to take lots of pictures, but it was just too much to handle. They are having their second boy in less than two weeks and then it will be really crazy with all four boys hanging out together! We are super excited for them :)


Jacque and Michael. I seriously wish I could look just half this good when I am 38 weeks pregnant!

Taking the kids up to their first house of the night :) Hunter was good at saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you". At one house he was crabby and would not say thank you, so I made him give the candy back! I had to teach him a lesson.


Hunter was happy in the wagon--I'm so surprised he didn't want to go up to a ton of houses.


Elmo was a hit!


Ok, Jack was acting so weird. He just wanted to sprawl out in people's yards. I have no idea what was going through his mind, but it was so funny. He would just lie down and hang out...the funniest part when when these girls walked by and said "There's a dead Elmo!!" Michael probably thought Jack was a weirdo!
Once again, he just decided to lie down in the middle of the sidewalk. Seriously, he's goofy!
Michael was honking Elmo's nose before we headed home :)
As you can see even the people passing out candy were getting into the festivities...
These people had friends over and were all drinking wine on the front porch passing out candy. It's quite a show if you are getting 700 kids!
The houses were really decorated well...it was so cool.


No comments: