Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it, but that's another story (Hunter has been a stinker lately). I was reflecting on what I am thankful for and my list is below. Well, first a few quick pictures...just a few things I'm thankful for.

I took this with my cell phone, so not great quality (school pictures 2011)--gotta love the forced smile--just like last year. Although God is just giving me a lot to deal with these days when it comes to Hunter, I love him so much. He can push my buttons so easily, but then he can be so cute. If I just pout my lip he is the first to say, "Mommy, are you sad?" It's too cute. Now he catches on and says, "Mommy are you just goofin'??" Another cell phone picture...they boys were playing with my bras the other day...both up at 6am and I have to get ready for work, so whatever we can do to stay entertained. Don't worry, it will be all over with in a few years, but it was so funny...and I think Nick felt like I was emasculating them, which was even funnier to me.

My birthday was last week. Nick got me two dozen roses and my mom (and grandma) sent the others in the middle. So sweet. I think my mom felt guilty for being in FL for my birthday--haha. Hunter loves to tell people how old I am...and how I'm going to be a grandma soon. I said, "no way...hopefully in another 25 years though!!" Then we argue about how he wants to marry Jack and I tell him he can't....and I have to answer 20 questions as to why.

I would say I'm thankful for my health, but I'm not b/c my back sucks (that's putting it nicely). I am thankful for my family (immediate and extended). My mom is helpful and does a lot for me, so I appreciate that more than I tell her. I'm thankful to have my parents living close to us--having free babysitters every once in a while is always a plus. I'm thankful my mom is taking Hunter to soccer and out to lunch on Saturday. I'm thankful that my kids have 10 grandparents (real grandparents, step-grandparents, great-grandmas, and even a great-great grandma!!). I'm not sure many other kids can say that! I'm thankful I have a good career, job security, and that it's flexible when it comes to kids and back problems. I'm thankful for friends--I love going to lunch when I can, playdates, my mom's group, and more. I'm thankful for our nanny, Julie. I know she has her hands full when we're not there and she just always comes in with a smile on her face. I can tell when things have been hard, but she still tries to stay positive. I know they are well taken care of. Well, that's about it for now! I hope next year Hunter is more under control and my back is better and life would be GOOD.

I found about about two people dying too young this week--One was a mom who died at 47 (lived across the street from us) and one I didn't know (related to my sister-in-law), but it's been weighing on my mind and making me feel like I should be blessed to have the life I do.


Have a wonderful day :)

No comments: