Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jack's birthday party

I know these are super late, but here are some pictures from Jack's birthday party. We had a few family members over on Sunday the 6th. We tried to keep it small, but with all the family and grandparents, it still ends up being like 25 people! Since my back has been horrible lately (and I had a small procedure done two days before the party), I tried to make my life easy. Nick made some yummy chili, 7-layer chip dip, breadsticks from Costco, salad, etc. It's just nice to see family and get to spend time with people. We are so blessed to have so many family members close to us!!


Jack was looking at his cake and wondering why everyone was staring at him!


Trying to get him to blow out the candle. My Aunt Rhonda also made him a giant cupcake that was really yummy and cute :)


So sweet!!


Playing with Nana---Pure joy!!

Kisses from Aunt Emily

My cousin, Connie, with her nephew Tyler. He's about 15 months old.
My cousin, Joe, and his wife Heather. She is having another baby boy...they are going to have their hands full. Thankfully they have a very supportive and helpful family.







Aunt Emily got this hat for Jack. I usually have to buy ones that velcro to keep it on him, but we'll give it a try. He doesn't seem to like wearing hats, but we'll keep at it and hopefully he'll get used to it. It's a super cute hat from Baby Gap.

All three cousins playing with the car. Tyler really likes this and Jack was trying to push him around on it. I'm so excited that they get to play a decent amount and will grow up having fun together...especially in the summers when we see them more at the lake. I'm worried about four crazy boys so close in age, but it will be fun!!

My cousin-in-law and friend from high school/college with her baby, Alana. Seriously, this baby has the most amazing blue eyes. She is SO cute. I think the loudness was a little much for her, but we so appreciate the effort they made to come celebrate with us. I am the only one who wants a girl more than anything, yet all three of my college roommates have had baby girls in the last 12 months. God must have some plan for me, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I just love buying stuff for Alana any chance I get.

I still have more pictures from Jack's actual birthday (November 9th). My parents, Emily, and Gigi came over to hang out. Nick is a ding dong and scheduled a meeting that night, so I was going to be on my own otherwise with the kids. We had a good time though!



No comments: